Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interloping Astros fan here

Featured Replies

I used to watch Jimerson here in Lexington when he was playing low-A ball. Indeed, it would be a huge thing if he were able to turn the corner. Evidently the Astros feel the same way or he would have been let go a season or two ago. I'm aware that he spent last off-season getting personal coaching from Tony Gwynn -- if I'm not mistaken, Gwynn's son and Jimerson are good friends or something like that.

 

Ummm... getting back to my highly unscientific polling... any great displeasure with a Taveras/Vargas trade, besides Festa who so proudly displays Vargas' jersey number on his sig line?

 

 

:mischief :mischief :mischief

If it's Taveras straight up for Vargas, sign me up.

 

Honestly, as polished as Vargas is, he likely won't be in the "best case scenario" rotation for 2008 which should likely be: Willis, Olsen, Sanchez, Petit and Volstad with Johnson, Nolasco, Pinto, West, Hernandez, Thompson, Tucker (and my dark-horse) Jeff Allsion all waiting in the wings.

 

IMO putting together the best 2007 & 2008 teams are more important than having one more major league ready pitcher in '06.

 

I'd do it, and say it's a fair trade for both sides.

Sorry if I seem unknowledgable, but are we talking about Willy Taveras?

 

 

Yes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Damn CBL addicts. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I seem unknowledgable, but are we talking about Willy Taveras?

 

 

Yes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Damn CBL addicts. :rolleyes:

HAHA, actually I know about him through another league.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.