Am I the only one who thought Giardi should have walked Wright?

I don't pretend to be a baseball genius, nor do I pretend to be on the level of managers. However, all my experiences in baseball tell me that in this situation you walk the bases loaded. Not only for the force out, but to get to the weaker hitter. I think Giardi dropped the ball today. A rookie mistake yes, but a costly one.

Not with nobody out, a rookie on the mound and Floyd lurking as a pinch hit option.

You have to get lucky two times and earn a third out. Plus, you have to exploit the righty right matchup.

Strategizing like that makes more sense if there's 1 out, a very quick runner batting, etc.

Not to say you're wrong because not walking the bases loaded is kind of an odd move, but I understand Girardi's reasoning, and really, that isn't what lost us the game.

I personally felt the same thing. I understand Girardi's logic, but I disagreed with it. I would have loaded them and took my chances with Floyd rather than Wright. Wright has proven to be a better hitter right now. I don't know if Floyd's trend has changed in recent years, but I do remember that he didn't hit as well against righty pitchers as he does against the lefties.