Field Trip to Animal Kingdom

Baseballer524

Hey all! I was just wondering if a trip to Animal Kingdom for the day is worth 80 bucks? The trip is set for the 27th of this month and I went once but it was the year the park opened, 99" i think, so I was only about 9. I HATED it! I would have MUCH rather gone to a zoo, and a teacher at my school who went this january said she'd prefer a zoo over it too (but she was upset cause Everest wasn't open yet). Has anyone gone on Everest? I'm a rollercoaster junkie and havent really heard or seen to much about this one. So bottom line.... is Animal Kingdom worth 80 dollars? Thanks in advance for any help! :)

if the 80 bucks covers transportation and you are roller coaster junkie then yes it is worth it...i was there in Feb. and everyone told me I had to ride everst...but i don't do roller coasters...but everyone said they loved it...the rest of the park is like the zoo but if you can stand in line for most of the day im sure you can get on the roller coaster a couple of times

I actually really enjoy Animal Kingdom. I hear a lot of people say its like a zoo. I challenge anyone to find a zoo in the world that has anything close to that. I think it gets an unfair break because people are trying to compare it to the other Disney parks, and its a completely different type of feel. I find it to be a nice break from a more hectic pace, but I guess that doesnt appeal to most people at Disney.

I have been on Everest. Rode it twice last Friday (official opening day), which was the only reason I went to AK in the first place (and to pick up the official opening day pin, too).

There's only one word to describe the experience: Awesome.

FastPass is the way to go (I lucked out and got a single rider pass with very little wait--the standby line after my second ride already had a wait of about 90 minutes at 12:30 pm) , but you need to use the standby line once to take in the entire theming of the loading area (the FastPass line pretty much skips all of the theming in the standby line).

The experience when you finally see the Yeti face-to-face is just amazing (I'm now using a nice picture of the Yeti as my desktop). I don't want to reveal too much else so as not to spoil the surprise for anybody. Everest is a definite must-ride E-ticket.

I took the Harambe Safari journey too, and it was pretty good. Didn't hit the Kali River Rapids; Splash Mountain gets me pretty soaked as it is.