Grasshoppers 4/30

Flamarlins3

It was your Sunday Special lineup but they won 4-3

Avi Rosowski pitched pretty well to pick up his first win. He went 5 innings giving up 2 runs. Both of those came off a 2-run blast in the 5th that just barely cleared the wall. He was a strange pitcher though. I kept on waiting for them to rock him because his stuff wasn't really all that great. He topped out at 85 and threw 82-84 most of the time. He did mix up his speeds fairly well. His fastball had a little movement on it, but not very much. All he did was throw strikes and let his defense do all the work. Lot of ground balls. (not sure what the ratio was)

Glabizo came in next and well he sucked. He threw the ball pretty hard though. Topped out at 91. Couldn't find the strikezone to save his life. I feel like he didn't get warm enough or his arm was hurting because he was shaking his arm/stretching his shoulder after each pitch. 3 straight walks and he gone. He was pretty pissed threw his glove, hat, and knocked over the water cooler in the dugout.

Jones finished off the game by striking out the side.

Fulton is probably the worst defensive third baseman I've ever seen, it's sad.

Septimo on the other hand made a couple of web gems. Showed some great range going to his right and also made an amazing barehanded play on a ball hit up the middle. He didn't get a hit but he did hit the ball pretty hard a couple times

Sanchez is ready for a promotion. That's about it there.

Burns had a few real good at bats. Was nice to see him go deep into the count and even draw a walk.

Harvey had the day off...good crowd out there today 5,000 something. I'm going Thursday so I'll have another report. I want to get the game Wed too cause that's Volstad's next scheduled start.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.