Crazy game in Philly

Ramp

It seemed like a odd call to me too at first to put the winning run on 3rd but it was Howard up and it was the pitcher on deck with no available PH's so it's understandable I suppose.

Not really. Even after the pitcher made an out all you needed was a fly ball to win. If you get Howard out then most likely the pitcher makes an out and all you need is 1 out with runners on 1st and 2nd.

Ryan Howard is not God. Like all baseball players he fails more then he suceeds.

My dad and I, couldn't really understand them bowing down to Ryan Howard. As, Admin said though, it could have gone either way, so it's kind of hard to give him too much trouble.

Great game though, and this team has really lit a fire under itself ever since Gillick made his comments about them not being ready to compete.

It seemed like a odd call to me too at first to put the winning run on 3rd but it was Howard up and it was the pitcher on deck with no available PH's so it's understandable I suppose.

Not really. Even after the pitcher made an out all you needed was a fly ball to win. If you get Howard out then most likely the pitcher makes an out and all you need is 1 out with runners on 1st and 2nd.

Ryan Howard is not God. Like all baseball players he fails more then he suceeds.

Right. Unless there was a huge matchup problem there, you pitch to Howard - if he gets a hit, you lose, but chances are he makes an out and at worst, pushes the runner up to third, which is possible if he pulls the ball to right. You still have the pitcher coming up with one out and a chance to get out of the inning with him GIDP. Fultz is a reliever and probably can't hit for beans, so he'd probably need a hit to score the run from third.

Doesn't make sense, but I'm sure he had a reason.

Right. Unless there was a huge matchup problem there, you pitch to Howard - if he gets a hit, you lose, but chances are he makes an out and at worst, pushes the runner up to third, which is possible if he pulls the ball to right. You still have the pitcher coming up with one out and a chance to get out of the inning with him GIDP. Fultz is a reliever and probably can't hit for beans, so he'd probably need a hit to score the run from third.

Doesn't make sense, but I'm sure he had a reason.Normally I would agree, but he also took Edwin Encarnacion out in the 8th when he had 2 homers and all of our RBIs, and also used 2 starters in Harang and Ramirez when he had one of the NL's best relievers in Cormier available.

He is such a stupid manager.

I thought I heard that Cormier wasnt available

I just found out he wasn't. He had some sort of hip injury.

Btw is there a more underrated 3rd baseman in MLB then Edwin Encarnacion?

He has 10 homers and 52 RBIs in only 246 AB's as a 23 year old.

He has a line .301/.389/.528 in his 1st full season in the majors.