Norton Antivirus problem

Lefty

I keep getting hundreds of these 'Symantec Email Proxy' popups. It basically tells me that my email message to 'blank' was unable to be sent because connection to my mail server was interrupted. And I swear to you that I keep getting more, and more and more. Should I just uninstall Norton, or is this a virus?

If you're not trying to send those particular emails, you've probably got a virus that's trying to send them.

Install everything you don't have--Windows Defender, Spybot, Ad-aware, and AVG.

Unplug your computer's network cable. Run Norton and all those other programs if you haven't run them in awhile. Then uninstall Norton and stick to AVG for good measure.

Get rid of that piece of bloated crap software. Use AVG for all your Antivirus needs. Plus it's free.

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/71/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

Somehow I knew you were going to say that. It always seems like you use the opposite of what everybody else uses. What's next? Will we discover that you're a Maxthon user? :o Because the majority of mainstream programs that are shipped with and preinstalled on computers drastically slows the performance of the machine down. I want to use a program that will protect me and at the same time not hurt the performance of my machine. Don't get it twisted, I'm not trying to play the cool guy here, just give my personal opinions on my own experiences.

Oh by the way, Maxthon is a great browser!