Lester's cancer in remission

TSwift25

As someone who went through a lymphoma scare, this just makes me very happy:

Report: Lester's latest CT scan clean

ESPN.com news services

Jon Lester reportedly received good news recently in his ongoing battle with lymphoma.

A source who has direct knowledge of Lester's medical condition told The Boston Globe that the Red Sox left-hander's latest CT scan was clean and his lymphoma seems to be in remission. The source told the newspaper that Lester expects to be with the Red Sox in spring training.

Lester has anaplastic large cell lymphoma, a type of cancer that forms in the body's lymph system. He has been undergoing chemotherapy since September.

The rookie pitcher was originally sidelined for back pain from an auto accident in mid-August, but "something stuck out" during a test in Tacoma, Wash., Lester said in September.

When contacted by The Globe, Lester's father said he would leave comment for his son.

"That's something that has to come from Jon," John Lester told The Globe "It's his body, his treatment. I'd love to say something, but I wouldn't want to compromise his wishes."

Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein also declined comment.

Enlarged lymph nodes were identified when Lester was tested to determine the cause of back pain that sent him to the disabled list on Aug. 28.

Lester has been one of Boston's top prospects since he was drafted in 2002. He reached the major leagues for the first time on June 10, won his first five decisions and was 7-2 with a 4.76 ERA when he went on the disabled list.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.