April 18, 200719 yr Since 8 PM last night. I don't know if it affects many on these boards, but I'm dying ova here. Source
April 18, 200719 yr Yeah, my fiancee is having the same problems. Thats one reson I stopped using my Blackberry. I became too dependent/obsessed. That said, I want a Blackberyy Pearl really bad. :lol
April 18, 200719 yr BlackBerry Suffers Massive System Failure NEW YORK (April 18) -- A massive system wide failure of the BlackBerry network has brought emails to a halt for user's of the handheld communication devices Wednesday morning, according to a report from a New York TV news channel. The problem, which started at 8 p.m. ET Tuesday, affected Blackberries throughout the Western hemisphere by preventing emails from being pushed to the handheld devices, according to WNBC. Research in Motion, which makes Blackberry device and runs the system, was not immediately available to comment on the outage. Research in Motion is trying to reset the system but expects the problem to last into the morning, the report said. Even when the system is reset, users will experience delays as the company processes through the backlog of email messages, WNBC reported. As of Wednesday morning the Blackberry Customer Support Center has a recorded message that says the following: "Please be advised that we are currently experiencing service interruptions that are causing delays in sending and receiving messages." "We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide updates as soon as they become available," the message said. Source: CNN Money
April 18, 200719 yr Yeah, mine's been coming back in pieces. Internet's back up and the messages are trickling in periodically. Wall Street and the Hill can exhale now. I don't think a lot of people realize how much a blackberry failure would drop productivity.
April 18, 200719 yr She still can't use Blackberry messenger yet though. I agree that a long term blackberry outage would be bad.
April 18, 200719 yr I haven't gotten the new blackberry OS so the messenger isn't affecting me (I was supposed to upgrade yesterday :lol ) but PINs aren't working.
April 18, 200719 yr Yep, same for her. As Blackberry's become more popular as has text messaging I really see computer based instant messengers on a downward trend.
April 18, 200719 yr I sort of agree, only because blackberries are convenient. But I much prefer to talk online. I need to get the new OS. And someone else needs to come along and challenge blackberry realistically (not Palm's failed TREO expeditions).
April 18, 200719 yr What model you have? Alexis has an 8700g Electron. I'm still on a God forsaken Sprint contract and I wanna get a Pearl but Sprint can't carry it.
April 18, 200719 yr So sad that people depend that much on one little device. Don't they have a way to back it up on a normal computer or through an online interface? Do you guys only get the messages via the Blackberry?
April 18, 200719 yr People don't depend on the device for their messages, people depend on its speed for the ability to react to things and be more productive. Emails go to the computer, PINs (or messages to the uniquely blackberry email) are only on the machine. Everything is backed up. Again, no one depends on the blackberry to do business - just to do more business.
April 18, 200719 yr OK, good then. I was concerned it was a replacement instead of compliment. I need to setup my cell phone to get my e-mails from my FSU Webmail. I already get all of my other e-mails accounts using Yahoo! Mail which I can access over the cell phone. The new Apple iPhone looks cool though.
April 19, 200719 yr The iPhone looks hawt, I want to give it a test spin when it comes out. I love my blackberry too much to just drop it like that. Got the new OS.....hot!
April 19, 200719 yr I just worry about the 1st generation on a device like that. Plus, I'm curious to see how people say the all touch screen is and how the body will hold up to abuse.
April 19, 200719 yr Definitely. The full keyboard is really convenient too.....going to be hard to shift to a touchpad keyboard.
April 19, 200719 yr I mean, I guess it worked last night. Can't comment intelligently since I shut it off when I get home, but it seems like everything that happened last night went through fine with my phone.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.