Blackberry Network is Down

Guest Juanky

BlackBerry Suffers Massive System Failure

NEW YORK (April 18) -- A massive system wide failure of the BlackBerry network has brought emails to a halt for user's of the handheld communication devices Wednesday morning, according to a report from a New York TV news channel.

The problem, which started at 8 p.m. ET Tuesday, affected Blackberries throughout the Western hemisphere by preventing emails from being pushed to the handheld devices, according to WNBC.

Research in Motion, which makes Blackberry device and runs the system, was not immediately available to comment on the outage.

Research in Motion is trying to reset the system but expects the problem to last into the morning, the report said.

Even when the system is reset, users will experience delays as the company processes through the backlog of email messages, WNBC reported.

As of Wednesday morning the Blackberry Customer Support Center has a recorded message that says the following: "Please be advised that we are currently experiencing service interruptions that are causing delays in sending and receiving messages."

"We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide updates as soon as they become available," the message said.

Source: CNN Money

Guest Juanky

Yeah, mine's been coming back in pieces. Internet's back up and the messages are trickling in periodically. Wall Street and the Hill can exhale now.

I don't think a lot of people realize how much a blackberry failure would drop productivity.

Guest Juanky

I haven't gotten the new blackberry OS so the messenger isn't affecting me (I was supposed to upgrade yesterday :lol ) but PINs aren't working.

Guest Juanky

I sort of agree, only because blackberries are convenient. But I much prefer to talk online.

I need to get the new OS. And someone else needs to come along and challenge blackberry realistically (not Palm's failed TREO expeditions).

Guest Juanky

• People don't depend on the device for their messages, people depend on its speed for the ability to react to things and be more productive.
  • Emails go to the computer, PINs (or messages to the uniquely blackberry email) are only on the machine.
  • Everything is backed up. Again, no one depends on the blackberry to do business - just to do more business.

OK, good then. I was concerned it was a replacement instead of compliment.

I need to setup my cell phone to get my e-mails from my FSU Webmail. I already get all of my other e-mails accounts using Yahoo! Mail which I can access over the cell phone.

The new Apple iPhone looks cool though.

Guest Juanky

The iPhone looks hawt, I want to give it a test spin when it comes out. I love my blackberry too much to just drop it like that.

Got the new OS.....hot!