Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Graham Taylor

Featured Replies

This is from the Young Pitching Prospect Thread, I just thought Graham deserved more of a spotlight for his brilliant first two months.

 

 

Graham Taylor, A; 5-1, 61 IP, 2.21 ERA, 50 K's, 4 BB, .196 BAA

most recent outing: W, 7 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 4 K's -- May 20th

 

I don't know if you can call him a surprise, but Taylor has been aboslutely phenomenal this season. First off his 50/4 K to BB ratio, is flat out ridiculous. He has been very durable, as he has gone through 7 IP twice, 8 IP twice, and a CG once. Hitters are extremely confounded as only given up 43 hits in 61 innings. I know it's in Greensboro, but he should see some kind of call up sooner, rather than later.

 

Oh yeah, if you take away his one bad outing, his ERA through 8 starts is 1.48.... yeah. 1.48.

Amazing Graham.

 

Since I know nothing about him...what kind of pitches does he throw? Could he be compared to someone in the majors (Pitching style)?

This is from the Young Pitching Prospect Thread, I just thought Graham deserved more of a spotlight for his brilliant first two months.

 

 

Graham Taylor, A; 5-1, 61 IP, 2.21 ERA, 50 K's, 4 BB, .196 BAA

most recent outing: W, 7 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 4 K's -- May 20th

 

I don't know if you can call him a surprise, but Taylor has been aboslutely phenomenal this season. First off his 50/4 K to BB ratio, is flat out ridiculous. He has been very durable, as he has gone through 7 IP twice, 8 IP twice, and a CG once. Hitters are extremely confounded as only given up 43 hits in 61 innings. I know it's in Greensboro, but he should see some kind of call up sooner, rather than later.

 

Oh yeah, if you take away his one bad outing, his ERA through 8 starts is 1.48.... yeah. 1.48.

 

:o

  • Author

Amazing Graham.

 

Since I know nothing about him...what kind of pitches does he throw? Could he be compared to someone in the majors (Pitching style)?

 

I've never got to see the kid pitch, but from what I have read about his career at Miami (OH), he is a strong finesse pitcher. When he chooses he can throw with some kind of power for strikes (considering he's 6'3", 225) but is most effective using his impeccable control. Apparently he has a very plus curve that moves sharply away from lefties.

 

That's all I know, as far as a comparison goes... maybe someone like Ted Lilly, only bigger. Anyone with great control, who is smart, with a couple of decent pitches, who will get rocked every once in a while, if he can't get his stuff to move.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.