July 16, 200719 yr Mark Ruffalo is apparently ape sh*t or had lost a bet From CNN HILLARY CLINTON (D) * Ruby Dee, actress: $250 * Danny DeVito, actor: $2,300 * Fran Drescher, TV?s ?The Nanny?: $2,300 * Joely Fisher, actress $4,600 * Tom Hanks, actor: $2,300 * Ed Helms, actor, ?Andy Bernard? in NBC?s ?The Office?: $250 * Sharon Lawrence, ?NYPD Blue? co-star: $1,000 * Tobey Maguire, actor $4,600 * Marla Maples, actress: $1,000 * Paul Newman, actor: $4,600 * Rhea Perlman, actress $2,300 * Pauly Shore, actor $1,000 * Ben Stiller, actor $6,900 ($4,600 is the legal limit) * George Takei, actor $1,000 * Lily Tomlin, actor $2,000 * Rita Wilson, actress $2,300 * Joanne Woodward, actor $4,600 CHRIS DODD (D) * John Lithgow, actor: $1000 * Christy Romano, actress, singer, voice of ?Kim Possible?: $300 JOHN EDWARDS (D) * Oliver Stone, director: $500 * Mary Steenburgen, actress: $2300 * Ben Stiller, actor: $4600 * Peter Coyote, actor: $1054 * Sharon Lawrence, actress: $1000 MIKE GRAVEL (D) * Mark Ruffalo, actor: $700 BARACK OBAMA (D) * Adam Arkin, actor $250 * Paul Dooley, actor $2,300 * Jodie Foster, actress $1,000 * Jamie Foxx, actor $2,300 * Martha Hackett, ?Star Trek? actress $2,300 * Bruce Hornsby, singer $2,300 * Anna Horsford, ?Amen? actress $500 * Cedric ?The Entertainer? Kyles, actor $2,500 * Eriq La Salle, actor $500 * Paul Newman, actor $4,600 * Tom Skerritt, actor $1,000 * Jean Smart, actress $4,600 * Jada Smith, actress $4,600 * Will Smith, actor $4,600 * David Sutcliffe, ?Gilmore Girls? Actor $1,250 * Isaiah Washington, former ?Grey?s Anatomy? Actor $2,300 * Joanne Woodward, Actress $4,600 DENNIS KUCINICH (D) * Shelley Morrison, actress (?Rosario? on ?Will and Grace?): $1600 * Alexandra Paul, actress, ?Baywatch? co-star: $1300 * Deirdre Hall, ?Days of Our Lives? actress: $1000 * Hector Elizondo, actor: $300 BILL RICHARDSON (D) * Michael Douglas, actor: $3100 * Val Kilmer, actor: $2300 * Paul Newman, actor: $2300 * Edward James Olmos, actor: $2300 * Wendie Malick, ?Just Shoot Me? actress: $500 * Steven Spielberg, director: $2300 * Kate Capshaw, actress, wife of Steven Spielberg: $2300 * Jodie Foster, actress: $1000 * Christie Brinkley, self-described as ?Model/Mom/Environmental activist?: $500 * Bette Midler, actress/singer: $4600 * Sherry Lansing, former film executive: $2300 * William Friedkin, director: $2300 * James L. Brooks, producer/writer: $1000 RUDY GIULIANI ® * Tony Sirico, actor, ?Paulie Walnuts? on ?The Sopranos?: $1000 * Melissa Gilbert, actress: $4600
July 16, 200719 yr I'm surprised they don't give more. There are limits. Which are? http://www.fec.gov/press/press2007/20070123limits.html
July 16, 200719 yr How are some exceeding $2300? The highest amounts listed are $4600. I think there may be different limits in different states.
July 16, 200719 yr Author How are some exceeding $2300? I know there are some small loopholes, I think some are having their spouse put their names down for their 2,300, or something of that sort. I couldn't tell you specifics though.
July 16, 200719 yr You can give $2,300 for the primary and $2,300 for the general. I just dont understand how Stiller has $6,900. Also I find it interesting that a few celebrities like Paul Newman and Ben Stiller donated to more than one campaign.
July 16, 200719 yr Author You can give $2,300 for the primary and $2,300 for the general. I just dont understand how Stiller has $6,900. Also I find it interesting that a few celebrities like Paul Newman and Ben Stiller donated to more than one campaign. I figure they like getting front row seats for white house events and balls so if they want that love they pony up to anyone with a reasonable chance.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.