July 22, 200719 yr ok i have had a problem with my internet for years now...and up until now its been tolerable...i have comcast and a linksys b router...now on my dell laptop whenever im downloading a big file the internet cuts out momentarily and the download freezes and then i have to start over also when using AIM i lose connection and dont recieve some messages or my friends dont get my messages...just a week ago i got a macbook pro for graduation present....everytime i turn it on or wake it up from sleep mode i have to power cycle the router and modem...turn airport on and off ect....even then safari runs extremely slow...im sick off it...im typing this on my crappy dell with the beautiful mbp beside it because right now im liable to punch something and i dont want it to be the mbp so my question is should i go buy a 50$ g router or is there a way to fix it....i mean i know b routers are old but i mean it shouldn't cut out...right??? i called comcast and they said it wasnt a comcast problem so that is why im thinking it is the router...and id probably go with another brand besides linksys...any suggestions. please help thanks
July 22, 200719 yr buy one, if it fixes the problem, you're all set...if not return it and use the old one.
July 22, 200719 yr I had a similar problem a while back, my router couldn't handle connecting to a large ammount of peers during my torrenting. I upgraded and no more problems. I'll recommend you the one I have: http://www.netgear.com/Products/Routersand...ers/WGT624.aspx It's great.
July 22, 200719 yr I've had similar issues with my Netgear router, but I just updated the firmware and it fixed it. We also got a new 5.8 GHz phone system. To download the update for Linksys stuff: http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksy...d=3749037401B05 For help on your issue from Linksys: http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksy...d=3999037401B13
July 22, 200719 yr Author I've had similar issues with my Netgear router, but I just updated the firmware and it fixed it. We also got a new 5.8 GHz phone system. To download the update for Linksys stuff: http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksy...d=3749037401B05 For help on your issue from Linksys: http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksy...d=3999037401B13 thanks cape im gonna try this now...and if it doesnt work im getting a router tommorow...im over it :banghead
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.