Dodgers to face Red Sox at LA Coliseum in exhibition

MrAndMrsFish

The Dodgers announced Sunday that they will face the World Series champion Boston Red Sox in an exhibition game on March 29 at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

The contest is part of the club's season-long celebration of their 50th anniversary in the City of Angels.

The game is scheduled to take place at the historic venue, where the Dodgers played their first few seasons after relocating from Brooklyn following the 1957 campaign.

An official announcement with detailed plans for the game is scheduled for Monday at the Coliseum.

Guest iFesta Touch

I really hate the traveling circus MLB is turning us in to to start the year.

We will be playing regular season games in Japan and then coming back here and playing a meaningless game.

Retarded.

Stop winning World Serieseses. :mischief

Guest iFesta Touch

All the net proceeds from the Dodgers' exhibition game against the Boston Red Sox on March 29 at the Coliseum will go to ThinkCure, a nonprofit organization that funds cancer research.

The exhibition game at the Coliseum is the middle game of a three-game set with the defending World Series champs. The other two games will be at Dodger Stadium.

The game is being played at the Coliseum as part of the Dodgers' 50th anniversary in Los Angeles celebrations. The team played there from 1958-61 while Dodger Stadium was being built.

ThinkCure is the team's official charity. It was launched in July by Dodgers owner Frank McCourt, the City of Hope and the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles.

http://www.presstelegram.com/moresports/ci_7557823

You're a bad bad person JJ. :-P

We will be playing regular season games in Japan and then coming back here and playing a meaningless game.

Retarded.

The timing of it is strange. Playing games that count in Japan and then coming back to play more exhibition games is kind of dumb. I think still it's a cool idea for the Dodgers to play there for their 50th year in LA though. They should have them play the Giants or Angels though. They are celebrating baseball in California, no need to have the Red Sox there...other than to sell more tickets of course.

Retarded.

The timing of it is strange. Playing games that count in Japan and then coming back to play more exhibition games is kind of dumb. I think still it's a cool idea for the Dodgers to play there for their 50th year in LA though. They should have them play the Giants or Angels though.

They would make the most sense, but MLB actually wants a good crowd for the game. :shifty

Retarded.

The timing of it is strange. Playing games that count in Japan and then coming back to play more exhibition games is kind of dumb. I think still it's a cool idea for the Dodgers to play there for their 50th year in LA though. They should have them play the Giants or Angels though.

They would make the most sense, but MLB actually wants a good crowd for the game. :shifty

They'll draw a big crowd there regardless. Obviously having the Red Sox there will help, but the Dodgers and Giants playing at the LA Coliseum would get a big crowd as well.