February 15, 200818 yr I'm more than likely going to be flying to to Austin for a week and all the flights I've seen require me to change planes halfway. I'm just curious how much of a pain in the ass this is, or is it relatively painless.
February 15, 200818 yr Connecting flights are a pain, especially if you fly American. I recently flew on a Palm Beach International to La Guardia to O'Hare flight and we missed our connecting flight from La Guradia to O'Hare because we were one of the last ones to exit the first plane (when you're in the back of the plane it seems like it takes FOREVER for all the people ahead of you to get their stuff and go) and we had to walk all the way across the airport to our connecting flight. We missed it, but lucily there was another one like 30 mins later. My advice, try to get to your connecting flight as fast as humanly possible
February 15, 200818 yr I'm flying from Portland, Maine to Austin, TX. I will have to change planes in Chicago. I won't have to worry about lost luggage. I'm just going to pack enough clothes to get me through a week, my bible, and GameBoy, and all that's going in one bag known as my carry-on. If my carry-on somehow gets lost, then there is a serious problem. I'm doing the guy method of packing by taking ONLY what I need.
February 15, 200818 yr It's the way it works. No one is going to fly from Portland, Maine to Austin, Texas. The demand is just not there. That's the way airlines work, you go from smaller airport to a hub to a smaller airport.
February 16, 200818 yr It really depends on who you fly on really. You are connecting in Chicago, So I take it your either flying American, United or Southwest, Southwest you will do fine on, American you should be ok depending on the weather and delays at OHARE. United.......good luck.. Mesa airlines does alot of there regional flying and they are an awful airline. Delays and maintenance issues all the time. If you get skywest as your regional then you should be ok, or they might still have you stick with mainline United which as long as the weather is good you should be fine. I would encourage anyone to fly Continental when they can and there regional partner Expressjet (my company) , bar none the best airlines around. had to get my company kudos in there :cool
February 16, 200818 yr Well, I ordered my tickets from expedia. Very weird though. Apparently, actual tickets aren't used any more. E-Ticket purchase has been confirmed by the airline. No tickets will be mailed. Airline check-in locations require government issued photo ID and may request proof of current date travel (such as a printed copy of this itinerary or a printed receipt) to issue a boarding pass. Airport security checkpoints may require you to display both your boarding pass and photo ID before proceeding to the gate, so we recommend that you obtain your boarding pass before proceeding to the security checkpoint.
February 16, 200818 yr Well, I ordered my tickets from expedia. Very weird though. Apparently, actual tickets aren't used any more. E-Ticket purchase has been confirmed by the airline. No tickets will be mailed. Airline check-in locations require government issued photo ID and may request proof of current date travel (such as a printed copy of this itinerary or a printed receipt) to issue a boarding pass. Airport security checkpoints may require you to display both your boarding pass and photo ID before proceeding to the gate, so we recommend that you obtain your boarding pass before proceeding to the security checkpoint. Been sleeping under a rock for the past 6 years?
February 16, 200818 yr Well, I ordered my tickets from expedia. Very weird though. Apparently, actual tickets aren't used any more. E-Ticket purchase has been confirmed by the airline. No tickets will be mailed. Airline check-in locations require government issued photo ID and may request proof of current date travel (such as a printed copy of this itinerary or a printed receipt) to issue a boarding pass. Airport security checkpoints may require you to display both your boarding pass and photo ID before proceeding to the gate, so we recommend that you obtain your boarding pass before proceeding to the security checkpoint. You'll get actual tickets when you check in.
February 16, 200818 yr Well, I ordered my tickets from expedia. Very weird though. Apparently, actual tickets aren't used any more. E-Ticket purchase has been confirmed by the airline. No tickets will be mailed. Airline check-in locations require government issued photo ID and may request proof of current date travel (such as a printed copy of this itinerary or a printed receipt) to issue a boarding pass. Airport security checkpoints may require you to display both your boarding pass and photo ID before proceeding to the gate, so we recommend that you obtain your boarding pass before proceeding to the security checkpoint. Been sleeping under a rock for the past 6 years? lol. I haven't been on a plane for probably 10 years. Last time I went to Texas I just drove down.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.