Reports: Pistons to get Iverson for Billups, McDyess

MrAndMrsFish

The NBA season is barely a week old, and there is already a blockbuster trade in the works. The Pistons are expected to trade Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess to the Nuggets for superstar Allen Iverson, according to multiple reports Monday. The Detroit Free Press and the Detroit News reported on their Web sites that the deal was still being finalized.

Iverson, an eight-time All-Star, has averaged 27.7 points and 6.3 assists per game over his 13-year career. The 2001 MVP with the Sixers was beginning his third season in Denver alongside fellow superstar Carmelo Anthony.

Billups, a year younger than Iverson at 32, has averaged 14.8 points and 5.5 assists over his 12-year career, but has emerged in recent seasons as one of the most reliable point guards in the NBA. Billups has also developed a reputation as a clutch, late-game shooter.

McDyess, 34, would add another big body to a Denver front line that has suffered through injury after injury.

LINK

Wow nice move by Detroit, picking up more offense.

As a Piston fan I am absolutely stoked about this trade! AI is the type of player who can put the Pistons over the top, Billups or no Billups.

1. AI

2. Rip

3. Prince

4. Amir

5. Sheed

With Stuckey, Maxiell and Kwame Brown coming off the bench. That's a top 8 rotation that with 'win it all' abilities. I also love it because AI is my favorite (top 3, at least) player in the league and this is by far the best team he has ever had around him and maybe now he can finally get a ring. I'm a Heat fan too, but this is Detroit's year.

Oh no. The Pistons have AI. Ahhh.

Are the Celtics and the rest of the NBA supposed to be scared? They just acquired deteriorating PG who's likely only there for the remainder of the season (which can also be said about Rasheed) And what?

Sorry. It's not 2001. This trade gets a big fat YAWN.

As a Piston fan I am absolutely stoked about this trade!

I could have sworn you said you were a Heat fan. :headscratch

I am. I'm probably the only person who is both, but when I was a little kid I loved Isiah Thomas and to this day he is one of my all time favorite athletes; that Bad Boys team of the 90's is probably my favorites sports team of all time.

It's the only non Miami team I root for.