August 2, 201313 yr I'm not convinced that Dietrich is the second baseman of the future. This board overrates him. You think we overrate everyone. What don't you like about him? That's a pretty dumb accusation. I've never said anyone was overrating guys like Yelich, Fernandez, Stanton, Heaney, Ozuna, and Turner. And I never said that Dietrich has no shot at being a starter. I don't think that his poor range (for a middle infielder) and mediocre plate discipline make him a lock for the 2B job. What's sad (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that we really don't have a decent 2B in our system right now. So Dietrich is the best available for the position. We don't have one that is particularly close, but Avery Romero is a converted SS, and is playing well in the lower levels. But he was literally just drafted a year ago.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.