Major Changes Needed

Phlub

Guys this is indeed a post about the Fins.

I look at the Fins and I see this. Some of the best Defensive Personell ever assembled, right there on paper with the 85 Bears, last years Bucs, 60s Packers and 70s Steelers.

But thats only on paper.

How is a team with the talent the Dolphins have ranked only 12th in defense?

Well I see it like this...

DE- Taylor and Ogunleye are great players, but you guys need an Aaron Kampman type guy who can play power end on the Left Side (where Ogunleye is now) to be able to stop the run on that side. Because Taylor and Ogunleye are 2 of the best pass rushers and overall DE's. But with that kind of speed on the ends the Fins will have ever HB Draw in the world run on them with great success. Get a power end to put Ogunleye on the bench and bring him in on passing downs where then he could increase his pass rush productivity.

DT- Tim Bowens, and Chester are very good. So is Zgonia off of the bench, but the Fins need a 335+ pound DT to be a true run stuffer like a Gilbert Brown, Grady Jackson or Dan Wilkinson. You need a guy that can take up a double team on every down he's in there. And you need a good one and then you need another big guy that can come in on a rotation to relieve the other big boy. That makes Bowens, Chester, Taylor and Ogunleye that much more lethal. It also benefits Zach Thomas and the LB's tremendously.

OLB- Seau is good. But just as I thought, the boy's lost a step or 2. And you could really use some more speed at his spot but also a guy that can really be physical like Seau is also. As far as Rodgers goes he's a young talent and will be just fine. But I'd still get rid of Seau in look of a younger faster player.

MLB- Zach Thomas a few weeks ago on HBO's "Inside the NFL" proved he is bone stupid. When asked easy questions like...

"How many refs are there in an NFL game?" He incorrectly answered "6" when the answer was "7".

And if your from Sweden what are you? And he said "Swiss"

He was then asked "What holiday is October 31?" He responded..."Thanksgiving"

If you don't believe me go rent the episode or watch the re runs for yourself.

For that alone Zach Thomas is starting to climb into the upper 20's and I don't think he's mentally ready for the responsibilities of trying to count the number of players on the Offensive Line or in the Backfield. I swear to God he said that.

But he's still worth keeping, but I would draft a MLB or sign a young MLB to replace Zach Einstein.

CB- Your corners are fine, nuff said.

Saftey- Brock Marion is old. Trade for a younger FS who has as much upside as Brock had when he was drafted by Dallas, Sammy Knights just fine where he is.

Overall- I think the Fins have a good defense, but they need a defense that can hold up for a whole season and not just a half a year before wearing down. Also diverting from the Cover 2 may be a good idea because the players in there now just aren't fit for a Cover 2 like Jim Bates has you running now.

Also fire Wannstedt, but stay away from Spurrier, if you get Spurrier you'll be even worse then this year.

MLB- Zach Thomas a few weeks ago on HBO's "Inside the NFL" proved he is bone stupid. When asked easy questions like...

"How many refs are there in an NFL game?" He incorrectly answered "6" when the answer was "7".

And if your from Sweden what are you? And he said "Swiss"

He was then asked "What holiday is October 31?" He responded..."Thanksgiving"

And your point is? Does that have to do anything with what he does on the field, NO! So stfu then, and try to compare Thomas to one of ur LB, or you cant.. cuz none of urs are as good as Thomas.

he can be stupid really dont give a f***..... and he was prob just joking when he was answering the ?'s ......

long as the man is on our team and getting about 150 tackles a year..... WTF are you complaining about him for.....

and ya Marion is getting old..... so why is he going to the pro bowl again???

if anything has to change is the offense.....

1st wee needed a RB so we got 1

than we needed a QB so we got Grese "BUST"

now we need an O line, i remmeber when we sue to have one in rudy sims and webb..

everything on the offense needs to be rebuilt Xcept Ricky,Chris and Randy.....

all the rest these guys need to be cut......

and im sure wayne is gonna do soemthing this off season...... other wise alot phin fans are gonna be ticked.......

OLB- As far as Rodgers goes he's a young talent and will be just fine.

CB- Your corners are fine, nuff said.

Saftey- Brock Marion is old. Trade for a younger FS who has as much upside as Brock had when he was drafted by Dallas, Sammy Knights just fine where he is.

Who's Rodgers??? are you talkin bout Derrick Rodgers?? he was traded last year to new orleans. our LBs are Thomas, Seau, and GREENWOOD(who isnt anything special either)

I know Surtain is one of the best in the league. Madison i think might be going downhill but hes still good. Buckley has been a SAVIOR this season with a lot of big plays. but he is getting old and fletcher is still..well...fletcher.

I agree with Marion. If only we had a top 10 pick so we could draft Sean Taylor - the best safety in college football. **drools**

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.