The College Thread

Guest Juanky

Guest Juanky

I know we had one of these before, but I really couldn't track it down. Well, second semester of senior year has started for me (and for at least a couple others that I know of here) and still no word from anyone, mostly because my school is lazy and doesn't send out my transcripts. Anyone been accepted anywhere? Still going in the process? How goes it, and what are you guys planning to study at the university you go to?

If you aren't a senior, feel free to chime in. It is always fun to hear from people that are farther away from the process or have already passed through it.

Guest Juanky

Supposedly they are planning to send them out between now and January 20-something. UCF and FIU (my two realistic options for monetary reasons) have either rolling or admission requirements in late March so it is no big deal. But I would like to have my mind put at ease.

well, i have sent out a scholarship application today, and i plan to send another out soon(next months) im searching for a physically disabled one(poor vision in my case) that can fit my criteria.

i recieved my SAT score, and am quite pleased with my 1170. My portfolio/resume is coming around nicely and everything is falling in place for me, just need to turn in my comm. service in may and re-take the SAT in march, then ill be set for next september.

right now, life is good ,especially college wise. my new, enhanced list looks something like this

west point(getting balarts letter of reccomendation, i got an outside shot)

UF

ohio state

seton hall

bowling green

USF

hey hugg, any info on the bowling green/columbus are? BG interests me cause dow jones is literally right next to it and recruits from there

Supposedly they are planning to send them out between now and January 20-something. UCF and FIU (my two realistic options for monetary reasons) have either rolling or admission requirements in late March so it is no big deal. But I would like to have my mind put at ease.

lol monetary reasons? you go to belen dood. it was like 500 a month when i went there. probably 600 a month now with inflation over the yrs. u should be able to do better than ucf and fiu if ur a belen grad with good extra curriculars and SAT and gpa.

LOOONG past this process! Good Luck to you, though! I attended the University of Kansas for two years, realized two years into it, that they were not giving me what I needed, and transferred to Michigan State. Great time of my life! I graduated before you were born, tho, so my memory of the process is a bit thin....