Isotopes/Marlins tickets almost completely sold ou

CapeFish

Isotopes/Marlins tickets almost completely sold out

Last Update: 02/22/2004 10:29:04 AM

By: Todd Dukart

Fans waited in line Saturday morning to get a chance to see the Albuquerque Isotopes start their second season in the Duke City against the world champion Florida Marlins, and tickets virtually sold out quickly.

The Isotopes are the AAA affiliate of the Marlins, who beat the New York Yankees in the 2003 World Series.

Some fans camped out overnight to get the tickets, which went on sale to the general public at 10:00 Saturday morning. By 10:45, though, there was standing room only.

The organization says tickets to the game are still available in mini-plans and season tickets.

I really hope this game doesnt come back to haunt the Marlins. I think its horribly scheduled with the Marlins playing in Florida on April 3, flying across the country to New Mexico to play on April 4, then flying all the way back across the country to start the season at home at 1 on April 6. I wonder how many of the regulars will be making the trip, thats a lot of travel 2 days before opening day.