Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

frmrMiamiMarlins04

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by frmrMiamiMarlins04

  1. chicken pot pie Hmm so does that mean you smell so good you can be eaten? :blink:
  2. I found something Is a Dog's Mouth Cleaner Than a Human's? I have a problem with people who say "a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's." I have asked for facts from these people to back up their statements but no one has been able to provide them to me. I believe that dogs and humans have similar enzymes for breaking down food, and I know that my dog licks herself in places I don't, and she always has "doggie breath." I don't think it's possible for a dog's mouth to be cleaner, unless dogs have some super-secret enzyme that we don't. Dear Reader: The way I heard it when I was a kid was that a dog's mouth is actually sterile. I can even recall someone in my neighborhood attempting to "prove" this to anybody who'd sit still for it by letting his dog lick the inside of his mouth ? not a particularly conclusive demonstration, but memorable just the same. I believed what I was told at the time in spite of contradictory evidence at hand, namely that people sometimes become quite ill and even die from dog bites. If a dog's mouth is sterile, how could it transmit rabies, tetanus, pasteurella or any of the other types of infection associated with dog bites? But I digress. The precise question was: Is a dog's mouth cleaner than a human's? The answer to that is no, too, and basically for the reasons you've already cited. As we all know, dogs aren't especially fussy about where they put their tongues or what goes into their mouths. "A dog's mouth contains a lot of bacteria," says Dr. Gary "Ask the Vet" Clemons. "Remember, a dog's tongue is not only his wash cloth but also his toilet paper." Not only accurate, but delicately put! So where did the notion come from that a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's? From doctors, evidently. It has long been noted in the medical literature that human bites are more likely to become infected than those of other mammals, including dogs. The statistics were published in journals and repeated by medical professionals, and folk wisdom took off from there. Lately, however, the accuracy of the statistics themselves has come under attack. A 1988 review published in the Annals of Emergency Medicine states: Recent study of human bites has shown that the early literature depicting all human bites as having an extraordinarily high infection and complication rate was biased by its emphasis on human bites of the hand that presented late with infection already present. These bites, the so-called closed-fist injuries (CFI), do indeed have a poor prognosis, but it may be as much due to their location and initial neglect as to the source of the injury. Human bites elsewhere do not seem to have any higher risk than animal bites, which have an infection rate of about 10%. [Abstract] And a 1995 review in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology concurs: Human bite wounds have long had a bad reputation for severe infection and frequent complication. However, recent data demonstrate that human bites occurring anywhere other than the hand present no more of a risk for infection than any other type of mammalian bite. [Abstract] So, my impression, after a quick layman's survey of the literature, is that although the issue remains controversial among scientists, the revisionists have a point. Until recently, the statistics on human bite wounds did not differentiate between what we would ordinarily consider a "bite" and so-called "closed-fist injuries" ? the type of hand-wound suffered by one person who slugs another person in the mouth. By their very nature, such wounds are deeper and more serious than bites passively sustained and thus more likely to result in complications. Their inclusion in general bite-wound statistics, some researchers now argue, skewed past pathological comparisons of human bites with animal bites. If you don't mind my falling back on a gut feeling, I'll conclude by reiterating that I have personally witnessed a human being allowing a dog to lick the inside of his mouth, and it was... unpleasant to behold. Say what you will about the relative cleanliness of the canine mouth vs. the human, I'd rather be French-kissed by a human being than a dog any day. Certain human beings, that is. I don't want to give the impression I'm easy.
  3. I don't see how anyone can think of such a question without being on pot. :rasta 539189[/snapback] hey hey it's a question!! goodness I am bored this darn hurricane is depressing trying to just keep busy until the power goes bye bye which wont be for a while but I'd rather be on MB.com than watching the news
  4. Hmm I see, I see. ya hear that Holly no questions in your threads!! what else people! c'mon what would ya like to see more of in her threads.
  5. Really have cleaner mouths than us humans! I mean I've heard this before but c'mon how is it possible! just like I said in my last thread who would kiss or ( let a dog lick them ) I mean I don't want to be anywhere near a dog or cats mouth! they lick there buttox.. goodness :mischief2
  6. I like the one where she posted the picture of her big nasty red bruise she got from kissing her cat! Hmm who would wanna kiss an animal that licks it's but anyways
  7. to maker of this thread: are you stoned? 539161[/snapback] LOL! :thumbup MIKEY 539167[/snapback] :rasta
  8. to maker of this thread: are you stoned? 539161[/snapback] Ya know I guess if I was then this thread would make more sense but nope don't smoke never have never will!
  9. if god gave it to everyone than we all need it.... dont ask why to so many quetions...because if you ask why to so many questions thna god will take you up and show you why... 539155[/snapback] Is that like when you're parents said hey don't make that silly face cause if god caught ya he'd keep it like that!.. It's just eyebrows! there has to be a reason why they are there
  10. seriously why do we have eyebrows?! cause sometimes when ya get hit in the after you kiss someone or "something" your eyebrow tends to hurt and ya can't lift it up. And some people have unibrows! booo to eye brows that's why I shave mines!
  11. Encarnaciowned? 539125[/snapback] :goodpost
  12. Where are the Encarnacion haters! :plain
  13. I listen to everything from country to rock and rap and I have to say that pitbull's cd M.I.A.M.I is pretty good when I feel like being ghetto Mike I listen to him.. look at this lyric here from dammit man When I hit 'em from the back I got them mami's saying dammit man When I put it in they mouth I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh lol hilarious
  14. Michael Mike MIKEY!
  15. Hmm smart cat.. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. We don't need to have a cat that's smarter than most humans.. scary maybe we should get rid of all the cats, I wonder how much taco bell would buy them for :mischief2
  16. yet another reason why all cats need to be murdered. 536295[/snapback] Whoa dude... that's just friggin cruel. I have a cat and she's awesome. She's never hurt anyone, nor would she ever. She's like a dog. She fetches, lays on the couch with us to watch TV, etc... I hate when people say stupid sh** like that about cats. 536309[/snapback] my cat is like that too, he watchest.v, wrestles with you, opens doors 536315[/snapback] Open doors! now if only he can open the fridge and grab a coke for you then I'd be in love with this cat!
  17. yet another reason why all cats need to be murdered. 536295[/snapback] I heard that was taco Bells motto
  18. :kiss I think that's what you're supposed to do to an ouchy! oh and watch out with that ice ya can get brain freeze!
  19. Pitbull sucks? His the best rapper from Miami after Trick Daddy. 533258[/snapback] They both suck ass. 534299[/snapback] coming from a Nirvana fan.. Poor guy must suck listening to the same old music over and over again
  20. Hi Mike LoL 532819[/snapback] :arms

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.