Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BrowardPB

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BrowardPB

  1. By the way, I might be crazy but...did anyone see Billy the Marlin there? I didn't notice him but I would think that's somewhat of a sign of the future if he wasn't seen there tonight. Billy was there, standing in front of the home dugout:
  2. I'll also see what I can do.
  3. You forgot two. Pro Player Park and Dolphins Stadium. Yeah, gonna miss the tailgating, the open and airy feel with a slight breeze no matter where you are (except the club level inside), and the relaxing mood of a day game under the sun. And now it's gone. So while I'll be there Opening Day to welcome the Miami Marlins, I have this feeling it won't be so much to cheer on the new team...but to remind myself that the Florida Marlins had their small place in history, a 19-year storied journey with highs and lows that has been relegated to the past. It certainly won't feel like home, and as Loria expects us to see it as a new franchise, that just might be what he gets. But I know one thing's for sure: I'll be a Florida Marlins fan for life. Good luck with your Miami Marlins.
  4. To start the season I think were gonna have great attendance. I think it will stay that way if we stay in contention. If we fall out of the races fast like before the AS break I bet we'll see crappy numbers like at Sun Life. Ditto on all points, adding: First few weeks will draw huge crowds as people indulge in their first game at the new park. Attendance will then drop off considerably through May, stabilizing into June but maintaining a slow decline. If we're in decent shape come the AS break, attendance will continue to decline slowly through July, but then upswing late August into September if we maintain the race. However, if we fall out of the races fast before the AS break like dom2613 mentioned, expect to be able to count the heads by hand come August. Completely wrong. And your expectations are? Just noticed your alias is browardpb. Ballpark envy much? Nope. Just a fan being realistic.
  5. To start the season I think were gonna have great attendance. I think it will stay that way if we stay in contention. If we fall out of the races fast like before the AS break I bet we'll see crappy numbers like at Sun Life. Ditto on all points, adding: First few weeks will draw huge crowds as people indulge in their first game at the new park. Attendance will then drop off considerably through May, stabilizing into June but maintaining a slow decline. If we're in decent shape come the AS break, attendance will continue to decline slowly through July, but then upswing late August into September if we maintain the race. However, if we fall out of the races fast before the AS break like dom2613 mentioned, expect to be able to count the heads by hand come August.
  6. ...with all the touting of the new stadium being immune to rain delays, supposedly drawing more fans on the notion they'll stay bone dry inside while the deluge continues outside...Does it not appear on every rendering thus far that there will be no protection whatsoever from the elements for that walk from the garage to the gate? And if umbrellas, like at Sun Life, also won't be permitted at the new park, who's going to want to sling around dripping-wet ponchos for the duration of the game? Seems like they're missing a key piece to this puzzle (besides Metrorail)...I would expect it'll take just one instance sitting cold and wet for two and a half hours to really turn off a lot of people from coming down again. Why build a retractable roof and garages if they're not going to follow through with the experience?
  7. Greg Dobbs - Show Me A Sign (Alter Bridge)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.