Everything posted by migs182005
-
Just to let everyone know
:lol Forgive me for asking, but who's Josh?
-
Just to let everyone know
I'm going to be writing for this awesome site starting very very soon. I've been here since the Marlins made the playoffs in September and this place has done nothing but grow. I'm excited to start writing for you guys as soon as possible. For those of you that would like to know a little more about me: I'm a freelance writer who has been involved in sports journalism since 2000 at the age of 14. I've worked with Sunshine Network as part of the Credited Media, covering MLB, NFL and NHL teams in addition to conducting numerous interviews with players and coaches in the NFL and MLB including Miami Dolphins Head coach Dave Wannstedt and former Marlins pitcher Ryan Dempster to name a few. I covered all Miami Dolphins home games in 2002, and have been writing for a Dolphins fansite called Finheaven since 2002. I've also worked with KFFL.com and Askthecommish.com as a sports writer covering Major League Baseball and the NFL in addition to being the sports director/anchor for my high school?s daily news program. I'm also the sports editor of my High School?s newspaper and a reporter/anchor on a News Magazine show that airs all across Miami called Teens Connected. I'm also the announcer for all my school's Varsity Baseball games. :cool :lol Sorry about the length. :whistle I just wanted to let some people know some of things I've done in the past and that I'm ready to write for this site. Go Marlins!
-
Big O on WQAM reports Pudge has signed with Tigers
It could be defered thus, close to 6 then. The point is he could have signed a MULTIYEAR deal with his home town team and now has to go to Detriot for a year if this is true.
-
Big O on WQAM reports Pudge has signed with Tigers
Ridiculous if this is true. What a major screwing for Pudge. Not only will he make about the same money he could have made playing at home in Miami, but he'll playing for the Detriot Tigers, with 100 fans, and 100 losses. What comes around goes around
-
It's over?
If Vlad's back trouble is truly genuine, then I don't know about offering him a long term contract, but if the Marlins can I believe it's very important for them to sign him even if it's for a year or two because his signing is going to be crucial when it comes down to voters approving a new stadium. Signing him would dramatically increase support for a new stadium in my opinion. I know it's a tough situation, but if the Fish can sign him to a 2-3 year deal, that might be better than a 6-7 year deal.
-
Javy Lopez no Longer an option for Fish
I rather spend the money we have on some young pitching help than on an old catcher like Lopez. Sure he's a great hitter but throughout his career he's been inconsistent and defensively he's not worth the money.
-
We better get Guerrero...
Let's calm down guys. We traded a pitcher who played his best ball last season. This is the best time to trade him, when his market value is high. And while what we got in return doesn't look very appealing on the outside, the fact is we acquired a decent reliver with potential, with the possibility of cash or another prospect. Some people keep forgetting that we HAVE to work under a certain budget. A budget other teams don't. A move like this needed to be done to continue to keep the MOST important players on the team for now AND in the future. Beinfest is a GM in Major League Baseball. Do you guys honestly believe he does not know what he is doing? And while our ideas might sound better than what has actually happened, everything he is doing is the Marlins best option. There is a reason why we won the World Series last year and why he was voted as the best executive this season as well. Let's calm down people, and see what happens.
-
Hello, I'm new here
I found this site while trying to find some Marlins info and it's actually the first site with a message board that I find for the Marlins. Thank god, lol. I actually come from a site like this called finheaven.com for the Miami Dolphins, but it's finally a relief to find one just like for my Marlins. And not a minute too early, I already need someone's help. I need to find out if Jeff Conine lives in South Florida because I plan to do a report on him but but since this year's media guide does not have his info, I just don't know and I can't seem to find the information anywhere.