Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sign Rickey Henderson

Featured Replies

We changed the manager. Some say this is what we needed, a shake up. I dont think you get better by switching the manager out. Besides, as 'fiery' as McKeon may be, he needs a voice to back him in the clubhouse. Call me crazy, but I think Rickey Henderson could be just what we need. Outspoken, arrogant, but dedicated to winning and being the best. He is 45 and can outplay some guys on this team. He could set the pace in the clubhouse and could be out there in LF with H-worth and Allen. I dont know how much he is asking for, and I dont know how we resolve what looks like a crowded OF with platooners. But I think Rickey could be what we need...

I think that the Marlins have enough speed on this team. Pudge and Castillo provide a lot of speed at the top of the order already. I don't think that the Fish need a leadoff hitter.

I bet you if we get Rickey he will do the same as Gerald Williams there both old and cant play like they used to anymore. We need good Solid BEnch PLyaers that are young and not too old...

  • Author

I dont think RH will be as bad as G Williams. He has more power than Williams, he has more experience than Williams, is a future HOF. In 2002, RH's OBP was .369 - not bad considering he batted .223. In 2001, he had 8HR and 25SBs but batted .227 with a .366OBP. RH is about 1:1 with K:BB. He could teach hitters by example and experience how to be more effective for getting on base, drawing walks, etc. RH could be a solid bench guy, and I think better than Rock Raines was for us last year (mostly because McKeon will actually use Rickey).

 

I think this would get some attention for this team and may even help jump start the Marlins. I am not a huge fan of Rickey Henderson, believe me. I think he is selfish and arrogant - but those are qualities that make champions. The young guys on this team need to learn that. It will at least stir up the pot a little...

I bet you if we get Rickey he will do the same as Gerald Williams there both old and cant play like they used to anymore. We need good Solid BEnch PLyaers that are young and not too old...

AJ I thought you said that Gerald Williams was one of Samson's smart moves?

 

Rickey can play and play well but He will want to start and if Rickey does not get his way you'll hear about it.

 

The last thing The Fish need to hear is whining.

 

Pass not for ability though

Ricky would help this team off the bech, plain and simple.

So your saying Talent comes before Clubhouse chemistry?

 

You complain about Le Batard what do you think you'll hear from Rickey?

 

My playing time Stinks.

Right about now he might be happy being in MLB again. And if he complains, send him down. Minor League contracts are great...

Right about now he might be happy being in MLB again. And if he complains, send him down. Minor League contracts are great...

So if you send him down you don't think you'll hear the last of him?

 

The Media listens to Rickey because he's a good story.

 

He is a cancer and does not deserve to play until he accepts the fact that he should not be starting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.