Caught gator

g8trz2003

haha, that sounded bad. Well, I mean I guess it could wreak havoc over there, but it was the closest spot to drop it off without being by us (we wouldnt have minded, but the pond is right next to a house that has toddlers). I mean, I would assume there are already gators and snakes galore by that middle school, and I havent heard of any problems.

OK, I'm an ingonorant, transplanted Northerner, but forgive me a question....

Even though the future pair of shoes you caught was really small, doesn't it still pose a threat? I mean, can't it do some damage (ie. bye bye appendage) if you were stupid with it?

Good job putting it by the middle school, though. I smell social Darwinism coming on for some really stupid little kid... But hey, that's why you've got 5 fingers instead of one, that way when you lose one it ain't so bad.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I'm an ingonorant, transplanted Northerner, but forgive me a question....

Even though the future pair of shoes you caught was really small, doesn't it still pose a threat? I mean, can't it do some damage (ie. bye bye appendage) if you were stupid with it?

Good job putting it by the middle school, though. I smell social Darwinism coming on for some really stupid little kid... But hey, that's why you've got 5 fingers instead of one, that way when you lose one it ain't so bad.

ok, we put the gator by the middle school...but not where it would do any damage....there is ton of swamp right there...and it already has a bunch of gators/bullfrogs/snakes/brim/etc. there...so we figured it would be better to put it in a habitat such as that instead of a retention pond in a neighborhood directly next to a house with toddlers.

a 3 ft. gator can still do serious harm to a toddler.

a brim is actually a possum penis. Possum in Florida love to hang out around swampy areas (hence all the roadkill at night around me house). Anyways, Bullfrogs will actually knock the possum's penis straight off their body with their tongues. They taste wonderful if fried right, and gotten before the mosquitos lay their eggs in the urethra.

P.S. frog gigging is fun...don't knock it.

a brim is actually a possum penis. Possum in Florida love to hang out around swampy areas (hence all the roadkill at night around me house). Anyways, Bullfrogs will actually knock the possum's penis straight off their body with their tongues. They taste wonderful if fried right, and gotten before the mosquitos lay their eggs in the urethra.

P.S. frog gigging is fun...don't knock it.

I could of gone my whole life without knowing any of this.

I guess the only thing good about you revealing this "knowledge" to me is that I now can go tell all my Northern freinds (You know, the people with teeth) to go suck a brim.

Good thing Miami doesnt count as the South

You know what they say..... South Florida is the only place in the United States where you have to go North to get to the Deep South!

UPDATE:

Looks like they found the gator you let go a couple of weeks ago......

Boy fends off alligator attack with swift punch

'It took a bite out of my head and a big chunk out of my ear'

Thursday, May 20, 2004 Posted: 5:39 PM EDT (2139 GMT)

DELTONA, Florida (AP) -- An alligator dragged a 12-year-old swimmer underwater in a lake, but the boy punched the reptile and swam safely to shore.

Malcolm Locke was treated for cuts and scrapes that were not considered life threatening.

He was bitten while swimming Wednesday in Lake Diana, near his grandmother's house just north of Orlando.

He saw the alligator's tail first, he said. "It was coming right at me," he told NBC's "Today" show Thursday.

Malcolm, who is 5 feet, 4 inches tall, tried to swim away, but the alligator, which was 4 to 6 feet long, attacked his head and pulled him under water, officials said.

"It took a bite out of my head and a big chunk out of my ear," Malcolm said.

He punched the alligator, and "it just squirmed away," he said. He swam to shore, and a neighbor drove him to a hospital.

A trapper was sent to the lake to remove the alligator.

The boy's mother, Misty Warren, said the family has seen alligators in the area before, but none had ever bothered them.

The best thing to do during an alligator attack is struggle, make noise and create confusion, said Joy Hill, a spokeswoman for the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission.

"Malcolm did the right thing," Hill said. "He fought the alligator and it let him go."