Lollapalooza 2004 bands announced

Last year the Lollapalooza tour returned after a 6 year hiatus.

The lineup last year featured Audioslave, Queens of the Stone Age, A Perfect Circle, & a reunited Jane's Addiction. And while I like most of these bands just fine, it seemed a little outdated, and one of the reasons these shows were so great in the 1990s is that the music was so appealing to the college age crowd. This year's lineup fits much better IMO and I'm looking forward to it.

This year the show will span 2 days and the lineup has a much more indie look to it.

For anyone into great indie rock & alternative, this should be a terrific opportunity to catch some of today & tomorrow's great bands, with a few old favorites too.

Day 1: Morrissey, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, Modest Mouse, Le Tigre, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Broken Social Scene, The Von Bondies, The Walkmen, The Datsuns, and Danger Mouse.

Day 2: The Pixies, The Flaming Lips, Wilco, Basement Jaxx, Gomez, The String Cheese Incident, Michael Franti & Spearhead, The Polyphonic Spree, TV on the Radio, The Thrills, The Fire Theft, and Elbow.

:thumbup

for more on tour dates & bands, check out the official site:

Lollapalooza

Maybe it's in Turner Field's parking lot. I would imagine that as a stadium on the outskirts of town would have a big lot.

The TED Isn't exactly outskirts. But I'm wondering where they are going to put all those people during the overnight, and also for the binge drinking and drug benders (AKA tailgating).

Plus, the TED Isn't in the best location, a little run down around htere, especially to the direct south.