Why is Noone Giving Redmond a Chance?

Prime Time

Well as you know a lot of us have been complaining about our Catcher position and what we should do with it. I think this is generally towards Castro... at least it is for me. Redmond has done a good job when played. He has made crucial hits with runners in scoring positions. His defense is nowhere near Pudge, but then again how many catchers defense is? I think we should give Redmond a shot to start more games. The guy can play. If Castro continues to struggle, then I think we should send Castro down to the minors and bring up Willingham and give him a few starts here and there to give Redmond a break. What do you all think? :thumbup

maybe b/c red has said himself he cant go everyday.

So what? Let him start as many as he can and let Willingham start the remainder. If we lose Castro to waivers then so be it. As much as I like him as a person as a player he is not living up to expectations. We aren't losing much If we lose him.

maybe b/c red has said himself he cant go everyday.

So what? Let him start as many as he can and let Willingham start the remainder. If we lose Castro to waivers then so be it. As much as I like him as a person as a player he is not living up to expectations. We aren't losing much If we lose him. if Willingham comes up, he would be the main starter I would think

he would need the ABs

hey if we could get 2 redmonds I think we'd be set. Redmond can't start every day. I'm starting to think we shouldn't go after a guy like Kendall who can come in and start everyday, but in June we should call up Willingham or Treanor. Then in July if that doesn't work out, look for a good hitting catcher that can split time with Redmond.

I like what Mckeon was doing at the start of the season. Redmond would get the starts when we had a lefty starter, so therefore he was going 2 out of every 5 days. I think that maybe it should be the other way around with Red getting 3/5 of the starts and Castro 2/5. But now with A.J. coming back we will only have one lefty in the roatation so maybe Jack can come up with a different system.

It had nothing to do with lefty pitches. McKeon trusted Redmond to calm down Willis. And Oliver without much experience against our main opponents Red would help share his knowledge of hitters along. Red caught Beckett a few times after Beckett struggled.

Expect Redmond to catch for Burnett too. AJ will be on a low pitch count much of the time and will need to become efficient with his pitches.