Should there be a shoot-out after NHL overtime?

Ramp

Did anyone watch the NHL All Star Game yesterday? If you did, you saw that after the 5 minute overtime, the game went into a shootout best of 5...

This begs the question..... Do you think the NHL should make a shootout after the 5 minute overtime in regular season games?

I personally think they should employ the shootout but no matter who wins, the losing team still gets 1 point, with the winning team receiving 2 points

for those who dont know hockey, a team gets 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie

I agree with you on that but it might be better from a fan's standpoint if they had a shoot-out....

NHL needs to improve and this may be one way to do it....

Also, if there is a 1-1 game after overtime, so of these games could become very exciting with teams needing that extra point for the playoffs

but i understand where you are coming from

Right now Hockey ratings suck! I see where your coming on from perspective that it's a team sport but...

Unfortunatly ratings and popularity have to come first and to keep hockey alive, this would increase ratings and popularity. With that Hockey could rise and teams would not be going broke.

Sure, it couldnt hurt, but I dont think it could make enough of a difference to make it worth tweaking with a team game. I know the analogy is not necessarily accurate because baseball games (besides the All-star game) and basketball games dont end in ties, but it would be like having a home-run derby after a certain number of extra innings or a 3-point contest at the end of overtime in basketball.

No way should they add a shootout. It's a lot of fun to watch, especially at something like the All-Star game, but it's just too biased towards offensive-minded teams. Baseball doesn't have a home-run hitting contest after 9 innings, basketball doesn't play HORSE or have a slam-dunk contest. Yes, I realize soccer has a shootout, but soccer needs it, they could literally go on for days without scoring in that sport. Hockey has gotten a little better at least....