My second dream of a trade

No way in hell. I'm a huge Beltran homer, but no way. He is in it for the money and will end up with the Yanks or Boston. I read in an interview the other day he did not want to move from CF. Unless he'd move to LF and we were allowed to keep Pierre in CF and move Cabrera to LF, there is no point in the trade.

The more interviews I read with Beltran, the more I'm convinced he wants the largest paycheck possible. Boras would send his players to Alaska if it got him 5 more bucks in the deal.

Beltran is a better CF than Pierre and who doesn't want the largest paycheck possible. Pierre covers more ground and has one of the weakest arms in baseball. Unless he moves to LF to help shorten his throws, moving him to RF is idotic. Cabrera clearly is better in LF. The easy solution is for Beltran, who is not as fast as Pierre and has a much better arm, to RF and move Cabrera to LF.

Of course it likely will not happen. But trading Pierre, as was stated above, for Beltran is completely idotic unless we sign Beltran to a long term deal in the trade. It won't happen. The only smart move for Beltran is to rent him for a couple months and move him to RF with Pierre in CF and Cabrera in LF.

I think most are forgetting that Red will hit for a high average and Alex is coming back to his streaky self ( get me .240 ) the team is built on pitching defense and timely hitting along with the budget i highly doubt we see any high price big name talent come in.

The Castro thing might actually be addition by subtraction, having 2 scrappy dirt dog catchers who actually WANT to play this game in Red and Treanor is a very positive thing for this team.

The only concern is releif pitching, we have nobody in the pen other than Armando PERIOD.

agreed.

the only thing this team needs offensively is another bat.

cordero will be that bat.

the bullpen is a gaping abyss aside from mando.

i'm sure it will be addressed...picking up everyday eddie would be golden. Exactly, we don't need more offense because our starting pitching is that good.

The only thing we do need is a set-up man like Eddie G. who would be dominant

Imagine Guardado setting up for Benitez...that would be the best 8th-9th inning combo in our division for sure