My second dream of a trade

Teal Shadow

Well alot of you on this board didn't like the Tampa trade, so....

How's about a KC trade?

Carlos Beltran

Benito Santiago and..

LHP D. Reyes ( a spot starter, and reliever pitcher)

Now comes the HOW? I'll leave that up to you guys, but think about this would you give-up Pierre? or just hope Beltran would agree to play RF and move Miggy to LF. Be sure though that KC will want Stokes and OF Jeremy Hermida. I would even consider Jeff Allison

Also on the draft this Monday keep on eye out for OF Reid Brignac from LA. It appears the Fish are high on him.

How's about a KC trade?

Carlos Beltran

Benito Santiago and..

Now comes the HOW? I'll leave that up to you guys, but think about this would you give-up Pierre? or just hope Beltran would agree to play RF and move Miggy to LF. Be sure though that KC will want Stokes and OF Jeremy Hermida. I would even consider Jeff Allison

Also on the draft this Monday keep on eye out for OF Reid Brignac from LA. It appears the Fish are high on him.

ed, no

not the right time for it.

How's about a KC trade?

Carlos Beltran

Benito Santiago and..

ed, no

not the right time for it. I don't agree Cape, with this being a four team race. The team that makes the biggest impact as far as trade to put them over the top will take this NL east. All four teams have weakness, but the team that takes that risk(bets the farm) will WIN and WIN BIG.

So why not????

and no I'm don't want to trade Pierre

How's about a KC trade?

Carlos Beltran

Benito Santiago and..

ed, no

not the right time for it. I don't agree Cape, with this being a four team race. The team that makes the biggest impact as far as trade to put them over the top will take this NL east. All four teams have weakness, but the team that takes that risk(bets the farm) will WIN and WIN BIG.

So why not????

and no I'm don't want to trade Pierre i don't think the time is right and the price is too high now.

The Mets can go out and get someone pretty easy, but the Braves and Phillies cannot.

i only want beltran if he signs an extension....which he wont.

last year the marlins went for it and won.

you dont always win when you risk the farm to win now.

if the marlins are going to become a big money club then make the trade.

if we are still going to pinch pennies then you cant make the trade.

Cape, I'll bet you in the next two weeks thing are going to start shaking.

The "M's" are getting calls everyday about Eddie G. and the Royals are discussing trading Beltran now to get more for him.

If you need help now...why wait? when you might be left holding an empty bag?

Beinfest got a jump on everybody last season, and believe he'll do the same this year. :shifty

We do not need any outfield help. Conine is doing fine and I think will continue to get better as the year goes on. We should focus on real problems like a catcher and bullpen help.

I don't agree, but that's your opinion :confused

Plus I think its easier to get a bigtime bat in the OF, than at C.

We do not need any outfield help. Conine is doing fine and I think will continue to get better as the year goes on. We should focus on real problems like a catcher and bullpen help.

I don't agree, but that's your opinion :confused

Plus I think its easier to get a bigtime bat in the OF, than at C. So, you want to ravage the farm system to get Beltran. He'll be a 3 month rental in an area that doesn't need improvement. We are a small budget team, we have to rely on our farm system. If we are to trade some of our good prospects away, it should be on a catcher that we'll be able to play for us for a couple of years. If we can get Pittsburgh to eat a big portion of Kendall's contract, that's when I'd be willing to give up good prospects. Beltran would not help the fact that our 7 and 8 hitters are a black hole that kill all of our teams rallies.

I think most are forgetting that Red will hit for a high average and Alex is coming back to his streaky self ( get me .240 ) the team is built on pitching defense and timely hitting along with the budget i highly doubt we see any high price big name talent come in.

The Castro thing might actually be addition by subtraction, having 2 scrappy dirt dog catchers who actually WANT to play this game in Red and Treanor is a very positive thing for this team.

The only concern is releif pitching, we have nobody in the pen other than Armando PERIOD.

I think most are forgetting that Red will hit for a high average and Alex is coming back to his streaky self ( get me .240 ) the team is built on pitching defense and timely hitting along with the budget i highly doubt we see any high price big name talent come in.

The Castro thing might actually be addition by subtraction, having 2 scrappy dirt dog catchers who actually WANT to play this game in Red and Treanor is a very positive thing for this team.

The only concern is releif pitching, we have nobody in the pen other than Armando PERIOD.

agreed.

the only thing this team needs offensively is another bat.

cordero will be that bat.

the bullpen is a gaping abyss aside from mando.

i'm sure it will be addressed...picking up everyday eddie would be golden.

I agree that the time is NOW to make a deal for Beltran. KC is going to move him probably before the ASB to get more for him in return.

I already 'dreamed' up a deal to get him:

Beltran for

Stokes, Olsen, and Hutchinson

That should land him, but I dont have a pulse on this issue.

But I agree that this deal doesnt make sense if the Marlins are just going to say goodbye to Beltran at the end of the season. We may get back to the playoffs, and that would be good, but we have a lot of pieces that would have to be re-signed to keep this team and its identity intact. Beltran, most likely, would not get re-signed. We got Penny and Pavano coming up and both will cash in. I would rather keep them than Beltran.

On the other hand, Stokes' value may never be higher. He has excellent power and can play, in the AL, 3 positions (1B, OF, DH). I also feel pretty confident with Choi as our 1B and I dont see any reason Stokes will supplant him. And if you push him to the OF, we got Hermida, Aguila and Reed (JP's future replacement) coming up.

Then again, the Giants released Jeffrey Hammonds...

Hermida stays

Another reason to deal Stokes while you can.

I remember when the Marlins had Bryan Harvey in their early years and they were thinking of dealing him. The Braves had offered either Klesko of Chipper Jones at the time. The Marlins sat on him, waiting to get more. That opportunity passed (I cant remember who we got for him, if we got anyone at all). I would say it is the same here with Stokes. Use his trade value while it is at its highest. If we didnt have Choi, I would certainly not push to deal Stokes. But since Choi is performing and looks to have a bright future, Stokes has no place on this team. That is a very nice commodity to be offering up.

Hermida stays

I remember when the Marlins had Bryan Harvey in their early years and they were thinking of dealing him. The Braves had offered either Klesko of Chipper Jones at the time. The Marlins sat on him, waiting to get more. That opportunity passed (I cant remember who we got for him, if we got anyone at all). I would say it is the same here with Stokes. Use his trade value while it is at its highest. If we didnt have Choi, I would certainly not push to deal Stokes. But since Choi is performing and looks to have a bright future, Stokes has no place on this team. That is a very nice commodity to be offering up. AGREE! that's why you have to make this trade count. The guy or guys coming back have to be part of this team's future.

O by the way Klesko is on the market :thumbup or :thumbdown ??

Hermida stays

I remember when the Marlins had Bryan Harvey in their early years and they were thinking of dealing him. The Braves had offered either Klesko of Chipper Jones at the time. The Marlins sat on him, waiting to get more. That opportunity passed (I cant remember who we got for him, if we got anyone at all). I would say it is the same here with Stokes. Use his trade value while it is at its highest. If we didnt have Choi, I would certainly not push to deal Stokes. But since Choi is performing and looks to have a bright future, Stokes has no place on this team. That is a very nice commodity to be offering up. We were offered Klesko and Kent Mercker if I remember correctly and Dombrowski was holding out for Chipper.

As for Ed's proposed deal. Beltran won't be a Marlin. I'd rather have Grimsley or Sullivan over Reyes and Benito on a 2-3 year deal, no thanks.

Get me Jason Grimsley, Ron Villone and Dan Wilson and I am a happy camper. I am happy with Redmond but I think adding Wilson would be a wise move. As for an extra bat if Conine does not come around I think we need to give Easley some time in the OF and when Cordero comes back I expect the old Cordero to hit our lineup...the one that has some pop in his bat.

Beltran is a CF/LF/RF and would be a big boost to this team's offense.

That means our bullpen is given more insurance in the form of offense. Teams will have to match the runs we score and will find themselves pressing against our stellar starting pitching.

That would be their biggest mistake.

No way in hell. I'm a huge Beltran homer, but no way. He is in it for the money and will end up with the Yanks or Boston. I read in an interview the other day he did not want to move from CF. Unless he'd move to LF and we were allowed to keep Pierre in CF and move Cabrera to LF, there is no point in the trade.

The more interviews I read with Beltran, the more I'm convinced he wants the largest paycheck possible. Boras would send his players to Alaska if it got him 5 more bucks in the deal.

No way in hell. I'm a huge Beltran homer, but no way. He is in it for the money and will end up with the Yanks or Boston. I read in an interview the other day he did not want to move from CF. Unless he'd move to LF and we were allowed to keep Pierre in CF and move Cabrera to LF, there is no point in the trade.

The more interviews I read with Beltran, the more I'm convinced he wants the largest paycheck possible. Boras would send his players to Alaska if it got him 5 more bucks in the deal.

Beltran is a better CF than Pierre and who doesn't want the largest paycheck possible.

Hermida stays

I remember when the Marlins had Bryan Harvey in their early years and they were thinking of dealing him. The Braves had offered either Klesko of Chipper Jones at the time. The Marlins sat on him, waiting to get more. That opportunity passed (I cant remember who we got for him, if we got anyone at all). I would say it is the same here with Stokes. Use his trade value while it is at its highest. If we didnt have Choi, I would certainly not push to deal Stokes. But since Choi is performing and looks to have a bright future, Stokes has no place on this team. That is a very nice commodity to be offering up. We were offered Klesko and Kent Mercker if I remember correctly and Dombrowski was holding out for Chipper.

As for Ed's proposed deal. Beltran won't be a Marlin. I'd rather have Grimsley or Sullivan over Reyes and Benito on a 2-3 year deal, no thanks.

Get me Jason Grimsley, Ron Villone and Dan Wilson and I am a happy camper. I am happy with Redmond but I think adding Wilson would be a wise move. As for an extra bat if Conine does not come around I think we need to give Easley some time in the OF and when Cordero comes back I expect the old Cordero to hit our lineup...the one that has some pop in his bat. Why not shoot for Dan Wilson and Mike Myers from Seattle? I know Seattle is shopping both, and probably wouldn't take a whole lot to get.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.