Maggs & PW

Malman

Outfielder Preston Wilson is progressing in his recovery from knee surgery earlier this season and has resumed game activity in extended spring training in Tucson, Arizona. On Tuesday, he will play center field and get three at-bats. "I'm not setting a timetable," manager Clint Hurdle told the team website. "We'll just play this thing out, see how it goes. If he continues to move forward, we'll get him back sooner than later. He'll go to a minor league affiliate after his time in Tucson."

Fantasy owners are undoubtedly anxious to get Wilson?the National League leader with 141 RBI last season?back in their lineups. While there aren't any specific dates set by the team for his return, we can tell you that with this news, it appears he will be ready to join the team before teammate Admin Walker (groin).

Outfielder Preston Wilson is progressing in his recovery from knee surgery earlier this season and has resumed game activity in extended spring training in Tucson, Arizona. On Tuesday, he will play center field and get three at-bats. "I'm not setting a timetable," manager Clint Hurdle told the team website. "We'll just play this thing out, see how it goes. If he continues to move forward, we'll get him back sooner than later. He'll go to a minor league affiliate after his time in Tucson."

Fantasy owners are undoubtedly anxious to get Wilson?the National League leader with 141 RBI last season?back in their lineups. While there aren't any specific dates set by the team for his return, we can tell you that with this news, it appears he will be ready to join the team before teammate Admin Walker (groin).

Thanks for the update. I'm hoping PW will back in the lineup next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Maggs is running at full speed. He says the knee feels great. He hasn't done any cutting or sharp turns yet though.

Reports earlier this week said he could be back as early as this weekend(25-27). Though I highly doubt that timeline.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back when the Sox take a trip to Wrigley over 4th of July weekend though.

• 3 weeks later...