Was tonight the last straw for OMGNUNEZ?

Accord

Tonight he went 0-3 and in the process hit into THREE double plays which is just unacceptable. Defensively, in the rare playtime time we give him in RF, he made a poor throw and really made us miss Miguels arm, which isn't as big of a deal but it did cost us a run.

I'd see if the D-backs would give up Bruny (who just got sent back to AAA) for Nunez.

With a Ros coaching him, that kid could be a winner...

Wasn't there a post on here a few weeks ago with an article that said the D-Backs are interested in Abe again and might want him back?

Sadly because the lack of trust so many had in Choi before the season the club went out and signed its 7th corner infielder (Lowell, Conine, Choi, Cabrera, Mordecai, Easley/Harris, Cordero) leaving us lacking in outfield reserves.

Nunez will unfortunetly see some time and get back on the good terms with some decent defensive work.

And we will be forced to hear how much talent he has every time he walks or hits a long foul ball.

I think that Jack needs to start letting Choi play against lefties, and Nunez stays a bench player and not a starter. We can use him as our number 1 pinch hitter and if he swings the bat like we all know he may come through with some big late inning homers.

Whay about Brian Banks? Has he been playing good so far?

I think any Marlins fan would take Brian Banks over Nunez, he's just a superior player overall than Nunez is. I'm not even sure if Brian is even still in our farm system anymore, last I heard he was released after that injury in ST?

I think any Marlins fan would take Brian Banks over Nunez, he's just a superior player overall than Nunez is. I'm not even sure if Brian is even still in our farm system anymore, last I heard he was released after that injury in ST? he is in AAA

the issue is Abe can play CF and Banker is another 1b/COFer

no matter how much you guys want it Abe is our only backup CFer...

I think any Marlins fan would take Brian Banks over Nunez, he's just a superior player overall than Nunez is. I'm not even sure if Brian is even still in our farm system anymore, last I heard he was released after that injury in ST? Banks: .224, 22-98, 5 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR, 19 RBI, 21 BB, 19 K

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.