The Nightly Farm Report

AAA

Mike Nannini got the start for the Isotopes and only went 3 innings giving up 7 ER in the process. He has been awful so far this year and now sports an ERA of 6.49. Joe Dillon failed to homer and went 1 for 4. Catcher Ryan Jorgensen went 2 for 4 with a 2 run homer in the third inning. It was his fourth homer of the year and he is now batting .302.

Final Score: Sounds 11 Isotopes 2

AA

Ronald Belizario gave the Mudcats a quality start today going 6 innings and giving up 3 ER while striking out 5. Jason Stokes went 1 for 3 and drove in 2 runs but struck out twice. Josh Willingham was 0 for 2 but drew 2 walks and got an RBI in the process. SS Josh Wilson was 2 for 5. Randy Messenger picked up his 6th save of the season but gave up a run in the process.

Final Score: Mudcats 5 Suns 4

Hi-A

No game.

Lo-A

Jimmy Demontel gave up 9 ER in 2.2 IP in the first game of a double header today against the Asheville Tourists. Scott Nestor came on in relief and pitched 2.1 innings of shut out ball lowering his ERA to 1.17. Robert Andino went 2 for 4 and drove in 2 runs.

Final Score: Tourists 11 Bats 4

Travis Chick got the start for the Bats in the second game of the double header and went 6 innings giving up only one hit, a homer, while striking out 8 and not giving up a walk. Chris Resop came on in relief and only gave up one hit while striking out 3 in two innings. The game was shortened to 8 innings due to rain. 1B Ryan Bear went 2 for 4 and blasted his sixth homer of the year. Andino went 1 for 4 and his average now stands at .263.

Final Score: Bats 2 Tourists 1

Good to see Jorgenson hitting well.

This Resop kid is our 29th best prospect according to Baseball America and is putting up pretty good numbers at Greensboro.? We'll have to keep an eye on him.

Yeah, they didn't have much to go on though being that he didn't get much pitching in last year. He made the right decision in converting from an outfielder back to a pitcher though.

BTW, I'm going to the Bats game on Wednesday so I will come back and report what I saw.

Double-A Carolina first baseman Jason Stokes left the game in the fourth inning after injuring his left wrist on a two-run double in the third inning. There was no immediate information on the extent of the injury. Stokes is hitting .272-16-59 in 228 at-bats for the Mudcats this season.

I hope its not serious :confused

Double-A Carolina first baseman Jason Stokes left the game in the fourth inning after injuring his left wrist on a two-run double in the third inning. There was no immediate information on the extent of the injury. Stokes is hitting .272-16-59 in 228 at-bats for the Mudcats this season.

I hope its not serious :confused

He didn't play in today's game.

1B Jason Stokes did not play Monday due to an injured left wrist and will be reevaluated by a doctor on Tuesday morning. Stokes felt pain in the wrist after doubling in the third inning of Sunday's victory. Magness started at first base...