College World Series

Das Texan

How did FIU do in the World Series? Oh wait, how did they do in the super-regional? Oh wait, how did they do in their regional? Never mind. :p

You know what...we didn't make it...Not the reason why we are against UM.

Fact of the matter is... too much of something is bad....and at this point...that orange and the green is really blah...

And for the regional...we should have been at the Miami one but got jipped by the Gators..who had a sub-.500 record in their conference.

Guest marlins02

it was real nice when we beat you both times. (damn, i gotta get that out of my system, i go to FIU now. just keep repeating that to myself. i go to FIU, I go to FIU, I go to FIU) :D

Yes and they were pretty damn close games. If FIU were so bad, then the games would have been blow outs like the one of 15-5 that the Gators won against UM...or wait the 13-2 that just occured of Sat. nite.

We were robbed of our regional appearance, UF made it on name alone. We had a .500 record in the Sun Belt which is really underated in Baseball, it was a really strong conference this year and the 6th seed was the one who won the tournament. We even knocked South Alabama out of the Sun Belt Tournament who went on to give FSU a big scare in the Regionals.

it was real nice when we beat you both times. (damn, i gotta get that out of my system, i go to FIU now. just keep repeating that to myself. i go to FIU, I go to FIU, I go to FIU) :D

And in reference to both those games, they may have been very different stories had FIU not had to worry about conference play and thrown out our aces, something UM doesn't have to worry about. We threw out a freshman walk-on and a middle reliever as starters to both games while UM had no worries about what pitchers to put out there.

Guest marlins02

i know this has no effect on this year but i just wanted to bring it up. 1985, miami loses the first game of the world series to Texas and fall into the losers bracket.

1985 National Champions: Miami Hurricanes. its true FIU did have a good season and should've made the regionals, who knows what they wouldve done (i am obliged to say this, im playing, they did get robbed)

i know this has no effect on this year but i just wanted to bring it up. 1985, miami loses the first game of the world series to Texas and fall into the losers bracket.

1985 National Champions: Miami Hurricanes. its true FIU did have a good season and should've made the regionals, who knows what they wouldve done (i am obliged to say this, im playing, they did get robbed)

I know it's not impossible, I just don't think UM has the pitching depth to get them all the way there. I think they'll beat Southwest Missouri, but I don't know how much further than that they'll get. (This is just my opinion by watching them play twice this year in which they're pitchers choked while having the lead both times).

BTW, I still think you should support FIU sports, especially since they are giving you you're education, just think, how much would you be paying at UM? Anyways, Football season is right around the corner and they are a very exciting team, I know it's not to the extent of the Hurricanes but we do play some good football like most other Florida schools. And besides, it's free for students.

Guest marlins02

the main weakness ive noticed is their defense. it was horrible against NC. State, 6 unearned runs yesterday against Texas. in the one game i went to, the first one against FIU at Mark Light, they were making some of the worst plays you could make.

i hope that they'll overcome it and add a 5th title and match the football team

Guest marlins02

my friend was struggling big time to pay his tuition at UM this year. thankfully he was able to get financial aid. ill go to some FIU games this year, im looking at possibly going to the game before Halloween and others

my friend was struggling big time to pay his tuition this year. thankfully he was able to get financial aid. ill go to some FIU games this year, im looking at possibly going to the game before Halloween and others

FIU also plays UM in basketball this season at the Convocation Center, FIU's basketball team usually isn't much to get excited about :confused . But it should be fun anyway.

Just an FYI, for those who underestimate our baseball program...since FIU is "just that other school in Miami" for many.

We had 4 players drafted this year.

Joshua Banks 2nd Round- 50th overall to the Blue Jays

Ricardo Nanita 19th Round- 412 overall to the White Sox

Andrew Edwards 27th Round- 814 overall to the Yankees

Arthur Santos 34th Round- 1,014 overall to the Red Sox

Plus two of our newest signees also got drafted (Sean Rodriguez-90th overall to Angels and Carlos Valido -112th overall to White Sox)

Meanwhile, our crosstown rivals, had one player drafted. Jim Burt- 1,040 overall to the Blue Jays.

Guest marlins02

my friend was struggling big time to pay his tuition this year. thankfully he was able to get financial aid. ill go to some FIU games this year, im looking at possibly going to the game before Halloween and others

FIU also plays UM in basketball this season at the Convocation Center, FIU's basketball team usually isn't much to get excited about :confused . But it should be fun anyway. thats cool, ill definitely be going to that game. UM basketball hasnt been that exciting either since Leonard Hamilton left, but hopefully they'll improve this year and save Perry Clarks a**.

Its true what you say about FIU baseball, but people really dont care about that, they care about championships. 4 national titles and over 20 World Series appearances make more of an impression than players getting drafted from a team that i dont believe has ever even gotten past the regionals. im not saying its right but thats how it is. i know FIU has a good baseball program but for them to get some respect down here, they need to make it to Omaha.