College World Series

Das Texan

Obviously, I picked Miami. I think the new finals format will make a big difference. Once they get down to two teams, it will be a best of three series between those teams, rather than just one game like it had been in the past. That will make it harder for a team who has one dominating starter and not much pitching depth. Even though the Canes havent had their ace all year, theyve had three terrific starting pitchers in Cockroft, Camardese, and Bongiovanni. Plus, their bats are red hot right now. Ryan Braun for MVP!

Having Florida State against Texas in the super-regional was ridiculous as well. And meanwhile there was a super-regional between Ohio State and Southwest Missouri State, both huge underdogs who managed to win their regionals. Maybe there should be re-seeding after the regional so that one of OSU and SMS isnt guaranteed to get in and one of FSU and UT going home.

I usually go to the CWS, because I'm from Omaha. I'm not going this year, though. :( I was there last year when South Carolina lost to Texas in the Championship, I think they'll get over the hump this year and win the whole thing. A team to watch out for is Southwest Missouri State, they beat some good teams to get to the CWS. They're the reason my Huskers aren't in it this year. :banghead

The Florida St. Seminoles have just finished knocking ball after ball out of the ballpark as they crushed the Miami Hurricanes in the College World Series tonight 35-0.

The Seminoles were lead by a no-hitter as their pitcher absolutely dominated the game, as the Miami hitters just swung and swung each time coming up empy, much like those dreaded infiedels the United States in their attempt to overthrow the Hussein regime in Iraq.