Fire Bill Robinson

With the exception of Benitez and maybe Manzy (and possibly Small?), this bullpen is awful. An awful bullpen + no hitting = recipe for disaster.

Maybe the inexpensive way to light a fire under this team is to get rid of Robinson and bring some new "blood" in. What about Andre Dawson???

Perhaps if we could score some meaningful runs the bullpen wouldn't be such an adventure.

I dont know how good that would do, considering that we're not a sub-500 team and robinson has doen a good job in the past with certain players (like lee) that would be extreme. There are a lot of complaints among fans and media personalities about the marlins taking the first pitch strike too often. This could be a personal decision by players or a coaching decision by mckeon and the crew. However, thats a doubleedged sword because if you dont take that pitch and players keep getting out after swinging at the first pitch, people will complain that they're not making opposing pitchers pitch. The marlins now seem to lack direction in general, when they hit well the pithcign blows it and the next day its the reverse. Mckeon said that marlins have hit rockbottom and theres no where to go but up. Lets see what happens

Guest Juanky

so you rip the bullpen then decide the hitting coach is to blame?

436268[/snapback]

Same exact thing I was thinking. Let's file this under just about as likely to happen as the Marlins acquiring Carlos Beltran from Houston.

No- I'm resigned to the fact that the bullpen, i.e., middle relief, is the weakest part of the team and that it seems like the team is looking internally to find the guy to stop the bleeding, i.e., AAA. So, if the FO is not going to go out and get us another Fox/Ugie, that bullpen weakness is only compounded by the fact that the team, for the most part, is not hitting and not scoring runs. In other words, if the Fish have to tap in to the bullpen for middle relief and aren't hitting, they will blow some leads or, if they're down, they will be down even more.

This is the reason I point to Robinson: It seems to me that, in the Braves series, hitters were down 0-2 a lot; there doesn't seem to be any aggression out there when stepping up to the plate. One "good" early inning leads to several innings with one or no hits and very few baserunners. I'm merely suggesting that getting rid of Robinson would be an inexpensive way to perhaps shake things up. At this point, hitting/run production would result in larger leads with more "room" for error in the bullpen.

Just a thought; it's been a very frustrating month of June.

Guest Juanky

Tony Taylor is the bullpen coach. Honestly, both him and Bill Robinson should be pretty embarrassed this year.

436279[/snapback]

I don't personally think that Taylor has done all that bad of a job considering he has absolutely no talent in the pen. And the majorities of the coaching duties fall on Rosenthal anyways.

Robinson's offense hasn't been doing much, but they be coming out of it now.

Tony Taylor is the bullpen coach. Honestly, both him and Bill Robinson should be pretty embarrassed this year.

436279[/snapback]

I don't personally think that Taylor has done all that bad of a job considering he has absolutely no talent in the pen. And the majorities of the coaching duties fall on Rosenthal anyways.

Robinson's offense hasn't been doing much, but they be coming out of it now.

436286[/snapback]

Yeah, what's Taylor going to do? When people like Ben Howard, Toby, Bump, etc, just AAAers for life come in, what's he supposed to do. There's no talent in there.

With the exception of Benitez and maybe Manzy (and possibly Small?), this bullpen is awful. An awful bullpen + no hitting = recipe for disaster.

Maybe the inexpensive way to light a fire under this team is to get rid of Robinson and bring some new "blood" in. What about Andre Dawson???

Perhaps if we could score some meaningful runs the bullpen wouldn't be such an adventure.

436260[/snapback]

You have just shown that you know nothing about baseball. When players are in a slump you blame it on hitting coach? Hitting coaches are there mostly to help players hit more effectively and correct bad habits.

This is low. Very low.

Guest Juanky

Tony Taylor is an ex - INFIELDER. He should not be coaching pitchers in the bullpen.

He's a nice guy , but misused.

436291[/snapback]

Very true. He should be used for other purposes.