not that this is a real big issue..

dontrelle

i'd like to see that for a series just to see how it works out.

and this comes to mind, just because i changed my line up in mvp baseball 2004 to castillo before juan pierre, and they both bat .600+ now.. :notworthy (of course that has no relevance to anything since it's a video game..)

maybe give castillo the opportunity to steal more bases that we know he can as he has done in the past?..

i'd like to see that for a series just to see how it works out.

and this comes to mind, just because i changed my line up in mvp baseball 2004 to castillo before juan pierre, and they both bat .600+ now.. :notworthy (of course that has no relevance to anything since it's a video game..)

maybe give castillo the opportunity to steal more bases that we know he can as he has done in the past?..

441798[/snapback]

shows how many marlins games u actually watch. if u actually watched games u wouuld know that this has been done and tried at least 4 times. when castillo was stuggling they put him first and vise versa. watch games and stop putting useless topics to put ur post count up

Damn dude, a simple "That's already been done" would have sufficed. I know the kid posts a lot, but what's with the hostility??

441822[/snapback]

if u saw the arguement he was having with everyone u would know. he doesnt research, he makes topics when they have been posted and its just gettin annoying how many useless topics and post he makes. any marlins fan would kno that luis has hit in 1st many times

My apologies then...I wasn't aware of any other discussions you were having.

And I agree....Any Marlins fan would know that Jack has swapped Luis and Pierre quite a bit, beginning with last year... I think our friend, Dontrelle, likes the Marlins cause of the Mermaids more than the actual team.

no he just follows all of my posts and makes comments. that's all.

he's a troll. that's what they do.

OH and for all of your information - I DON'T GET GAMES OFTEN ON TV.

god forbid i don't live in miami or have some miami broadcasting station.

i get redsox/yankees/mets/braves games. thanks.

Come on, dude...I'm also a Giants fan, as you can see from my ID. I may not get to watch a whole lot of their games from Miami, but I make sure to catch their box scores every day. I know as much about the Giants as I do about the Marlins......Your geographic location doesn't mean you can't follow a team...

Dontrelle, there are members who live in New York, Maryland, Ohio, Texas, Minnesota, Virginia, the Carolinas, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Europe, Hawaii, Korea and more places.

And they're able to follow the Marlins every day.

Check the box scores. Go online and read the South Florida papers. It's not so hard.

Castillo has batted leadoff a countless number of times this season, I think you're the only one on all of MarlinsBaseball.com that wasn't aware of it. Also if you didn't know, Castillo was the Marlins leadoff man before we even acquired JP from the Rockies. If you don't get Marlins games on local TV, then you need to purchase MLB.TV, it's a very small price to pay if you consider yourself a true fan.

Also, if the only place you're getting your Marlins information from is SportsCenter, it's really no surprise you have skewed opinions and aren't aware of a lot of these types of things, SportsCenter is the worst place to get information on South Florida sports teams.

Castillo batted leadoff for a period of almost 2 weeks or something along those lines a few months ago and it worked for a couple of games and then the offense went back into a slump again. Seriously man, this has been discussed like a million times and it's already been tried for more than 1 series like you suggested.

edit: errrr, it seems the post you just made which I replied to with this post right here has disappeared?

alright and i'm fairly new here. why don't you go get on everyone elses case that brings something up multiple times? (that happens every single day).

i'm saying just leave castillo there for a duration..

we're in a 'slump'. so why not try new things that aren't too drastic.

Dontrelle - To sum up....You're not gonna find any casual Marlins fan here. I think it's safe to say that we all consider ourselves pretty hard core fans. If you're gonna make a post to suggest something, look around and make sure it's not something that's either been discussed already, or in this case, already been done...

Keep up kiddo...

and as i was saying..

before pierre was there, castillo was #1..

that's when he stole a lot of bases..

that's why i want to see him stay in the 1 spot for a while to see how it works.

and for your information, no i don't check box scores. i hate them.

and the games i do see televised, pierre always bats 1st

and they don't go over the batting order on highlight reels either.

people shouldn't complain about other people posting threads on a message board, if anything this place could use more activity.

I wish Pierre had never been taken out of the lead off spot back when they put Luis in. Pierre went into a slump after he was put at the #2 spot and hasn't been the same since.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.