Yesterday's Game Against Pirates

Marlins2k3Champs

When Easly hit that double towards left field and Cabrera was running to home, I think Miguel should have ran over Jason Kendall like a bull. I mean come on, look at Cabrera's size. He could have eaten up Kendall. But nope, he decided to just give him a little nudge and walk back to the dugout with out scoring a run. I think the only player to do that this year from the Marlins was Treanor, and he was safe. Everyone else needs to start trying to knock the ball out of the catcher when its a close play like that. Ive seen Conine and Gonzalez just keep running without making an effort of knocking the ball out. What do you all think?

i agree with all of you..and another thing..maybe Im wrong..but i noticed that kendall was toward the right side of home plate he wasnt right infront of it..couldnt Cabrera slide or something and touch home plate b4 kendall could reach him.. :mischief2

Guest Juanky

Sorry, but there is no way Cabrera is safe on that play. Kendall made the play you are taught as a catcher to make, he grabbed the ball, set, and tagged him with his body out of the way, so there was no chance of the call coming free.

Let me explain this again. I'm sure kendall had the damned japanese death grip on the ball by the time cabrera reached him. He was also a foot off of the base line so even if cabrera wanted to ram him he would have had to run away from the plate. Get it?

agreed that there was little cabrera could do ... even on his shove attempt kendall kind of diffused it

kendall just had the ball way to early, death gripped it and got it into position

If cabrera tried to duck a shoulder and hit him hard, kendall would of given him the matador treatment and sent cabs stumbling

what cabs should of done was stay at 3rd

hopefully the fish got it out of their system last night with a big series coming up

pavano walking the bases loaded and the beaning in a run, easley's error and the cabs green light ........ the pirates should send a thank you card

Guest Juanky

Yes I know, but he could have still ran him over if he wanted to. Running a foot away from the plate is not gonna do any harm. Its been done before. Just that Cabrera needs to learn some more.

447319[/snapback]

Dude, Kendall was text book on that play. There was 0% chance of Cabs trucking him AND touching home plate.

Guest Juanky

YEAH AND IM 200% SURE. IVE SEEN IT BEEN DONE B4 IN THE SAME SITUATION.

447365[/snapback]

Yeah seen it done before right?

I'm a catcher, there is NO WAY Cabs hits Kendall on that play. Sorry. He was CLEARLY off the plate by a couple feet, he reached out with both hands to swipe a tag on him and Cabs could do nothing but hope Kendall missed. That's it. He was meat at the plate and he couldn't do anything.