Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yesterday's Game Against Pirates

Featured Replies

Whatever you say man. Cabrera COULD HAVE trucked him and touched the plate. He even gave him a little nudge. Therefore if he put some more effort he could have ran him over. But yea, whatever you say.

447351[/snapback]

 

There is NO way he would be safe AT ALL on that play! Kendall had the ball nearly as Cabrera was rounding 3rd, which gave him WAY too much time to hold onto it, it was a no brainer to hold Cabs at 3rd.

Yeah I've noticed too. Pierre gets very concentrated and extremely fidgety when he is going to steal. He has to be more deceptive and run on an offspeed pitch or a pitch that will probably hit the ground.

447271[/snapback]

 

I agree - and I HATE that stupid stance he picked up from Carter. It doesn't allow him to be as fidgety on the bases -- you know, on his toes and stuff, which explains why he's gotten picked off twice already. I can't remember him getting picked off at all last year. Caught stealing, yes, but picked off no. Also, the lead he got yesterday was ridiculously small. He seems to have lost his confidence and aggressiveness on the bases and even at the plate.

Im a catcher too. That is why I started this thread. He should have tried.

447462[/snapback]

If you've been a catcher long enough, you should know that Kendall's play was to tag and get out of the way, like you are taught to do. That is what he did, and Cabs wasn't even close to Kendall when the out was recorded due to Kendall making the text book play. Give credit to Kendall, he might have had an eternity to make the play but he made it perfectly.

I watched the play right now twice just to make sure. Cabs pushed his glove, that was the only thing he could have done. Kendall was way out of the way, it would have likely taken a tsunami to get to him.

Not that it matters right now, but I agree that there is nothing Miguel could have done to knock that ball out of his hands. All he would have done by trucking him is either get hurt, or get Jason Kendall pissed off......He would have had to come off of the base line. The only thing he could have done, as you see from the pics, is try to knock it out of his glove, which wasn't happening....

 

I was sitting right there. Absolutely nothing he could have done, except STAY AT THIRD !!! Damn that Cox !!! Although, I sorta felt bad for him after reading the article in the paper today.....He was standing in the dark staring at the left field corner a couple of hours after the game....

I wonder if Miguel actually stepped on home. I never really looked.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.