Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madden NFL 2005

Featured Replies

AWARDS & ACCOLADES

The annual gaming mecca known as E3 is over, and now it's time to find out what game reviewers, magazine editors, and the guys who know more about gaming than you'll ever imagine think about the new crop of video games.

 

GAME CRITICS AWARDS:

Billed as the "official" awards of the E3 Expo, the Game Critics awards are determined my a collaboration of votes from 35 leading media outlets. Electronic Arts racked up more hardware than any other publisher, earning 5 out of the total 15 game awards.

 

Best Sports Game - Madden NFL 2005

 

Best Fighting Game - Def Jam Fight For NY

 

Best Racing Game - Burnout 3

 

Best Simulation Game - The Sims 2

 

Best Strategy Game - The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth

 

IGN.com's BEST OF E3 2004 AWARDS:

 

Best Xbox Sports Game - NCAA Football 2005

Runner Up: NHL 2005

Best Xbox Racing Game - Burnout

 

Best PS2 Sports Game - NCAA Football 2005

Runners Up: Madden NFL 2005, NBA LIVE 2005

 

Best PS2 Racing Game - Burnout

 

Best GameCube Sports Game - NCAA Football 2005

Runners Up: Madden NFL 2005, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2005

 

Best PC Sports Game - Madden NFL 2005

Runners Up: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2005, NBA LIVE 2005

 

Best PC Simulation of the Show - The Sims 2

 

1UP.com's BEST OF E3 2004:

 

Best Sports Game - Madden NFL 2005

Also Nominated - Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2005 & FIFA Soccer 2005

Best Racing Game - Burnout 3

 

Best Wrestling Game - Def Jam Fight For NY

 

Best RPG Nominee - The Lord of the Rings, The Third Age

 

Best Strategy Game Nominee - The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth

 

Best Simulation Game Nominees - The Sims 2 & The Urbz

 

Best Overall Lineup - Electronic Arts

 

 

E3 Awards

 

Madden to hit the shelves in no time. And for those Madden fellas this years Madden will be one of the best ever according to E3. For those eager to get the game what is your favorite feature about the upcoming game?

 

I would have to say mine would be the Hitstick. I can't wait to see how much damage is done after I take control of Ray Lewis.

 

Storyline Central sounds pretty sweet as well.

 

Here are some cool vids on the upcoming game.

Vids

 

Game Preview at Gamespot below.

http://games.channel.aol.com/previews.adp?...43&gameID=14368

 

Review to be in a week or two.

Remember how you tried to ruin the ESPN NFL 2k5 thread Marlins2k3?? :mischief2 :shifty

 

 

But I'm not like you. I'll let you have your little thread. Enjoy the wait guys, I'm sure Madden will be another good football game this year!

ill gladly step in and say madden will suck. nothing more than madden 2004 with new rosters. enjoy the success madden had b4 cuz ESPN beat EA out of the gates and won over many madden fans with the 20 bucks price tag and gameplay. IGN and Gamespot say ESPN is best football game on the market this year,period!

  • Author

That's cool. But clearly the best sports game according to the Critics Awards above is Madden NFL 2005. Plus I'd rather be playing the game then play Carmen Electra or Steve-O.

That's cool. But clearly the best sports game according to the Critics Awards above is Madden NFL 2005. Plus I'd rather be playing the game then play Carmen Electra or Steve-O.

471154[/snapback]

thats a feature that u dont even have to use so dont blame that on not liking the game. and umm espn won best of the show of sports games at E3 and most anticipated as well, so i dont know what awards u think madden got

link to the awardsjust scroll down to the bottom right

  • Author

If you know how to read then you can read what's above in the first post of this thread. I think Madden has a better game play engine. I played ESPN and I just don't like it. You might like it though. I just like the way Madden plays. Its just smoother.

 

EDIT: Both games received awards. I rather play Madden though.

If you know how to read then you can read what's above in the first post of this thread. I think Madden has a better game play engine. I played ESPN and I just don't like it. You might like it though. I just like the way Madden plays. Its just smoother.

471158[/snapback]

and thats exactly what that is,YOUR opinion. but that opinion doesnt stop ESPN from being the better game this year to everyone else.

  • Author

OK ESPN may be good. . If you were to have a chance to get every gamer and ask them yourself ESPN or Madden, Im sure it will be Madden.

 

The majority of people will go with Madden.

 

No game is better. Its just a matter of what game people like. You buy a game because it's what you like. And what you think is worth the money to spend on.

 

But that does not mean no one likes ESPN. Obviously people like the game. But majority will go with Madden.

 

Its like saying McDonalds or Burger King. Id prefer McDonalds. :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.