9-11 Commission Report

SorianoFanHFW

15 hours of airports, long rides, and idle hours in fairbanks givers me a lot of time to read (know any good books, please list them), but I have been pouring over the 9-11 commission's report.

I'm very unhappy I spent 10 bucks to fund the piece of crap government we have, especially when WE PAID THEM to make the god damn report and now we PAY THEM AGAIN to read the damn thing.

Nevertheless, it suggests we make a brand new bureau to deal with all of the bureacractic inefficiencies (quite possibly the worst idea since chrysler discontinued the hot selling jeep cherokee), while it is rather clear that the reason bin laden got away with it was because there are so many damn bureaus for so many things that no one has clear juristiction to act to stop anything and attain information.

I mean, the amount of things that went wrong are mind boggling. the people worked well, but the system was far too haudy and inefficient, so our crappy government is moving to make the whole damn thing even bigger.

this makes me laugh, because it blames islamic fundamentalism on the arab world's economiuc downturn severing social programs and jobs that the populations felt entitled to. Yes, they blamed ENTITLEMENT for causing fundalmentalism, economic and social downturn, and ect. Ring any bells dumbasses (i'm speaking to the commission.)

I have also found it curious that the black box revealed that a pilot and a hijacker were very clearly aware they planned on crashing the plane, while on the bin laden tape our government mysteriously found in afghanistan (can anyone say "fraudulant"?), bin laden said only the pilots were aware of the plan. Someone is lying or something is fabricated: something is clearly not right.

I'll come back with more.

"I downloaded the PDF of it for free. Why did you spend $10 on something that's free?"

God damn it. link for the forum please?

"When the planes took off, the "pilot", or perhaps one other may have indeed been the only ones who knew of the real suicide plan. It would have been an internal security problem for the whole group to know prior to take off. Some could get cold feet and bolt, blowing the whole op."

Bin Laden clearly stated only the pilots knew. It is possible the guy told the other guy what the plan was, but for many reasons I find this unlikely.

only one man per plane was trained to fly. t5he possibilty exists that the pilot told the others of the real plans, but it does seem absurd to put your entire mission into jeopardy when you can just lie to them.

In more reading, more historical evidence damns the US beareaucracy (sp). The Director of Central Intelligence initially was to head the intelligence community and share it between branches of government and bureaucracy (sp). Of course, bureaucratic waste has left the DCI useless as every bureaucracy from the energy to the treasury departments have their own intelligence. Now stupid ass bush and congress want to make ANOTHER intelligence branch to share information. Some the DCI, the CIA, dept of homeland security, and the other branches should be able to do anyway.

I absolutely guarentee you that if a new branch is made, the problems of overlapping, inefficient, competing, and ineffectual bureaus will only be worsened. I cannot see how the majority of government and this country is so stupid to support the commission's reccomendations.

i think the idea of knowing to fly entails actually knowing how to fly a plane proficently from takeoff to landing, not rudimentary flying skills.

492291[/snapback]

If you're getting someone else to take it off, and the only planned landing is to impact a building who cares? How much skill is involved in crashing an airplane?

I can "fly" a plane and aim it around the sky, but I wouldn't try to land it or take off.

492343[/snapback]

i'm not asking for your definition of flying nor do i care.

that is the definition i'm sure the report is using though..which is probably truthful.

i'm not asking for your definition of flying nor do i care.

that is the definition i'm sure the report is using though..which is probably truthful.

492376[/snapback]

Sounds like you're forced to accept that others may have been capable of steering a plane around the sky then if you don't dispute that driving a plane around the sky is not terribly complicated.

492383[/snapback]

what the hell is the point you are trying to make?

that others on the planes could fo steered a plane? i dont care.

i'm just saying that by the definition that the report is most likely using.....they are linking someone who knew to fly a plane with someone who could do all phases of operating an aircraft.

get that through your damn thick skull.

damn.

only one man per plane was trained to fly.

491815[/snapback]

We have no knowledge of what went on when these guys were in the air on their own flying around down in FL.

I think its bold to definitively claim only one per plane knew how to fly. In 5 minutes virtually anyone can be taught basic stick/rudder flying. As long as you don't need to land or take off, aiming an airplane isn't too big a deal. If someone sets the throttles so its not going to get near a stall in fairly level flight (they hit the towers going fairly fast, welll above stall speeds) you gotta screw up real bad to get into trouble just wandering around the sky.

492198[/snapback]

flying those things (and navigating them) took more than 5 minutes of training and the tapes indicated the trained pilots were most likely flying the planes.

get that through your damn thick skull.

how on earth was your disrespectful ass ever made a mod?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.