Philadelphia's reaction to our trades

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Listening to the Philadelphia Sports radio stations has ben enjoyable because they saw the Mutts and Fish make big deals to improve their team and they got two mediocre bullpen arms and got rid of their best CF. They want Bowa and Wade fired.....They said that the Fish have strengthened themselves a lot and that it's gonna be a two team race.

My thought is that Valdez is better then anything we can put out there (Bump, Wayne), Seanez means nothing, and Mota, Lo Duca and Encarnacion will give the team depth. I think that all who criticized Beinfest should feel stupid because he got us the talent to win the division. I think we will......

Listening to the Philadelphia Sports radio stations has ben enjoyable because they saw the Mutts and Fish make big deals to improve their team and they got two mediocre bullpen arms and got rid of their best CF. They want Bowa and Wade fired.....They said that the Fish have strengthened themselves a lot and that it's gonna be a two team race.

My thought is that Valdez is better then anything we can put out there (Bump, Wayne), Seanez means nothing, and Mota, Lo Duca and Encarnacion will give the team depth. I think that all who criticized Beinfest should feel stupid because he got us the talent to win the division. I think we will......

487119[/snapback]

I can't believe everybody doubted Beinfest. Everyone was in a bad mood yesterday. I was thrilled and tonight starts our march to 1st place.

Guest FishFanInPA

I think if we were in their position we'd be pretty pissed too...What are Felix Rodriguez and Todd Jones going to do to help their CF problems, their inconsistent rotation, their lack of heart and clutch hitting?

I still don't like the LA trade, so there.

487138[/snapback]

same here.

i'm still adamant that it was a terrible trade, but if our entire team actually ends up better with it (and enc somehow starts hitting like he hasn't done for 4 years), then i'll gladly wipe the egg off my face.

Guest FishFanInPA

I don't see it...what were our biggest problems???? Catcher and bullpen...well Mota and Lo Duca fill that up.....sure Valdez isn't Penny but with Mota and seanez in there we're 100 times better.....

I don't see it...what were our biggest problems???? Catcher and bullpen...well Mota and Lo Duca fill that up.....sure Valdez isn't Penny but with Mota and seanez in there we're 100 times better.....

487149[/snapback]

I can only say this so many times, and in fact this will be the last time today. I'm restricting myself to once a day for the sanity of myself and everyone else on this board.

The holes argument has holes. This game is based on pitching and defense and offense. We may have gained a catcher, but we lost offense overall. We may have gained a reliever, but we lost pitching overall. All we gained was a little bit of defense (assuming Lo Duca is an improvement over Redmond), and some extra team speed. And somehow we ended up giving up prospects. For me, on balance, plugged holes or not, that makes this a bad trade.

Obtaining Valdez and Seanez for essentially nothing puts a band-aid on this deal, but the failure to get Walker, I think, leaves us off worse than before.

487149[/snapback]

Any word on Bowa being fired???

:whistle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.