August 3, 200422 yr Just heard the new song on AOL music and I have always liked creed, and now that scott is doin his own thing I think it's great! I like the way the song sounds. I know I will get people against him and his music but hey that's how it is. Scott Stapp is awesome, I can't wait for him to come out with a new album!
August 3, 200422 yr I listened to it and thought it sucked. The part where the electric guitars try to play hardrock was some of the most generic sounding guitar I've heard. Without Tremonti writing the music and a lot of the melodies (which he did in Creed), Stapp sucks IMO. To each their own, though.
August 3, 200422 yr Author Yea I saw your post on the band breaking up, and I knew you'd have your two cents seeing that you think alter bridge sounds good. And if the Nirvana name is meaning the band Nirvana I wouldn't expect you to like something softer. But hey Scott Stapp is very successful whether most of you like it or not!And SCOTT not Mark basically writes all the music and scott's the reason why Mark tremonti is even anything today! In all honesty both Tremonti and Stapp collaberated on all of their albums.. So No mark didn't write anything byhimself
August 3, 200422 yr Mark is a great guitar player and I tihnk Alter Bridge would be great if they wouldn't play songs that sound exactly like Creed. When they had auditions for a singer did they have a sign outside that said... " If you can sing like Scott Stapp you can join our band. " The only difference I see between the 2 is the hair color. They sound almost the same. Although the new guy sounds a little better. As for Scott though...I just don't consider him and artist. He writes music for publicity not for any other reason. Each song he writes I am sure he asks himself. "How much money can I get for exploiting God this time?." I just have a hard time taking him seriously. I hope that Alter Bridge makes some changes in thier music and direction of thier band. Thier first music video in my opinion though already messed up thier career. They made the big mistake of finding a singer who loves his long flowing hair, himself and the camera more then the band.
August 3, 200422 yr Yea I saw your post on the band breaking up, and I knew you'd have your two cents seeing that you think alter bridge sounds good. And if the Nirvana name is meaning the band Nirvana I wouldn't expect you to like something softer. But hey Scott Stapp is very successful whether most of you like it or not!And SCOTT not Mark basically writes all the music and scott's the reason why Mark tremonti is even anything today! In all honesty both Tremonti and Stapp collaberated on all of their albums.. So No mark didn't write anything byhimself 491645[/snapback] What does liking Nirvana have anything to do with it? I own the independent version of My Own Prison and saw them in Tallahassee before they came close to sniffing a record contract. As for song writing, you couldn't be more wrong. Tremonti wrote EVERY part of the actual music in Creed and wrote many of the melodies Stapp then wrote lyrics to. He's wrote the majority of the lyrics in Alter Bridge. Many of the songs on Creed's albums originally had lyrics Tremonti wrote but they always let Stapp write his own to substitute them in the melodies Tremonti wrote so he could "feel them."
August 3, 200422 yr Mark is a great guitar player and I tihnk Alter Bridge would be great if they wouldn't play songs that sound exactly like Creed. When they had auditions for a singer did they have a sign outside that said... " If you can sing like Scott Stapp you can join our band. " The only difference I see between the 2 is the hair color. They sound almost the same. Although the new guy sounds a little better. As for Scott though...I just don't consider him and artist. He writes music for publicity not for any other reason. Each song he writes I am sure he asks himself. "How much money can I get for exploiting God this time?." I just have a hard time taking him seriously. I hope that Alter Bridge makes some changes in thier music and direction of thier band. Thier first music video in my opinion though already messed up thier career. They made the big mistake of finding a singer who loves his long flowing hair, himself and the camera more then the band. 491811[/snapback] Alter Bridge Samples Check out One Day Remains. The guitar kicks serious ass! I think you'll be surprised by the album. It will be much harder than Creed albums IMO. And it isn't as arrogant now that Stapp is gone, which is a plus. :thumbup
August 4, 200422 yr The one thing I couldn't stand the most was Scotts pretty boy attitude stinking up the whole band. Glad to hear the talent in the band was reunited with the old bassist though, thats a plus. It shows that the band was all interested in making music not money.
August 6, 200422 yr Author Yea I saw your post on the band breaking up, and I knew you'd have your two cents seeing that you think alter bridge sounds good. And if the Nirvana name is meaning the band Nirvana I wouldn't expect you to like something softer. But hey Scott Stapp is very successful whether most of you like it or not!And SCOTT not Mark basically writes all the music and scott's the reason why Mark tremonti is even anything today! In all honesty both Tremonti and Stapp collaberated on all of their albums.. So No mark didn't write anything byhimself 491645[/snapback] What does liking Nirvana have anything to do with it? I own the independent version of My Own Prison and saw them in Tallahassee before they came close to sniffing a record contract. As for song writing, you couldn't be more wrong. Tremonti wrote EVERY part of the actual music in Creed and wrote many of the melodies Stapp then wrote lyrics to. He's wrote the majority of the lyrics in Alter Bridge. Many of the songs on Creed's albums originally had lyrics Tremonti wrote but they always let Stapp write his own to substitute them in the melodies Tremonti wrote so he could "feel them." 491928[/snapback] It was a combination of both scott and tremonti who wrote the songs if ya like it or not!
August 6, 200422 yr Yea I saw your post on the band breaking up, and I knew you'd have your two cents seeing that you think alter bridge sounds good. And if the Nirvana name is meaning the band Nirvana I wouldn't expect you to like something softer. But hey Scott Stapp is very successful whether most of you like it or not!And SCOTT not Mark basically writes all the music and scott's the reason why Mark tremonti is even anything today! In all honesty both Tremonti and Stapp collaberated on all of their albums.. So No mark didn't write anything byhimself 491645[/snapback] What does liking Nirvana have anything to do with it? I own the independent version of My Own Prison and saw them in Tallahassee before they came close to sniffing a record contract. As for song writing, you couldn't be more wrong. Tremonti wrote EVERY part of the actual music in Creed and wrote many of the melodies Stapp then wrote lyrics to. He's wrote the majority of the lyrics in Alter Bridge. Many of the songs on Creed's albums originally had lyrics Tremonti wrote but they always let Stapp write his own to substitute them in the melodies Tremonti wrote so he could "feel them." 491928[/snapback] It was a combination of both scott and tremonti who wrote the songs if ya like it or not! 497985[/snapback] *Shakes head* Go reread your post. I never said Stapp didn't write the lyrics, nor did I say he didn't come up with a lot of the melodies. You made the ignorant statement that Stapp wrote most of the music in Creed and that he would be nothing without Stapp. I corrected you. Tremonti wrote all the instrumental parts on the Creed albums and created A LOT of the melodies over his riffs. Stapp would hear them and come up with his own lyrics. If you broke it down by percentage, Tremonti would be credited with a MUCH larger percentage for what each member brought to Creed in terms of song writing. Listen, I've gone to Creed concerts for years before you ever knew who they were and I've read most of the interviews they've done since they started in Tallahassee. I know a lot of people that were friends with the band while Tremonti was still a cook at Chilis and they hadn't even made an album. I'm not some "hater" for any reason you probably assume. My disdain for Stapp, as a person, is the fact he is the biggest hypocritical a**hole you can imagine. The jackass was engaged and kept hitting on my ex's boss, while knowing she was married, and it didn't seem to bother Mr. Jesus. EVERY person I've ever known that met Creed before they were famous and after say that Stapp is an egomaniacal dick, and that Tremonti/Flipp are two of the nicest and most down to Earth guys they've ever met. That said, Stapp has an amazing voice in spite of all that. I'd buy his solo album if I didn't have a lack of respect for him as a human. Go listen to the Alter Bridge songs I linked and compare them to your Creed albums. The Alter Bridge album is as good as any Creed album. Tremonti wrote every note on the album and a lot of the lyrics. Compare their album to whatever Stapp puts out. I've heard his new song and it is a shell of any Creed single. Tremonti was the main creative force in Creed. Stapp was a distant second. You'll see the light one day... :whistle
August 6, 200422 yr I agree. Tremonti was the force man. Although I think they should get rid of thier lead singer and have Mark sing. I will give Alter Bridge a chance. Scott did no good for music.
August 6, 200422 yr The one thing I couldn't stand the most was Scotts pretty boy attitude stinking up the whole band. Glad to hear the talent in the band was reunited with the old bassist though, thats a plus. It shows that the band was all interested in making music not money. 493987[/snapback] God forbid he be a Christian!
August 7, 200422 yr I agree. Tremonti was the force man. Although I think they should get rid of thier lead singer and have Mark sing. I will give Alter Bridge a chance. Scott did no good for music. 498774[/snapback] That's how Alter Bridge started out. He admited he doesn't have the "chops" to carry songs for the entire song. He doesn't have the vocal range to do his music justice. That's why he decided to get a singer that could hit the notes he couldn't hit.
August 7, 200422 yr The one thing I couldn't stand the most was Scotts pretty boy attitude stinking up the whole band. Glad to hear the talent in the band was reunited with the old bassist though, thats a plus. It shows that the band was all interested in making music not money. 493987[/snapback] God forbid he be a Christian! 498783[/snapback] Huh? Where did that come from?
August 7, 200422 yr Nirvana w/e you seem to just have something against scott stapp. 498822[/snapback] What does w/e mean? I wrote in a prior post why I don't like Stapp. That has nothing to do with commenting on the amount of creativity each member of Creed brought to the band.
August 7, 200422 yr Author Nirvana w/e you seem to just have something against scott stapp. 498822[/snapback] What does w/e mean? I wrote in a prior post why I don't like Stapp. That has nothing to do with commenting on the amount of creativity each member of Creed brought to the band. 499377[/snapback] w/e? well it means what it means! And I don't see this new band of tremonti's becoming much of anything. Scott is the one with all the fans, not tremonti. But hey we will see.
August 7, 200422 yr The one thing I couldn't stand the most was Scotts pretty boy attitude stinking up the whole band. Glad to hear the talent in the band was reunited with the old bassist though, thats a plus. It shows that the band was all interested in making music not money. 493987[/snapback] God forbid he be a Christian! 498783[/snapback] Huh? Where did that come from? 499371[/snapback] The "pretty" boy image comment.
August 7, 200422 yr The one thing I couldn't stand the most was Scotts pretty boy attitude stinking up the whole band. Glad to hear the talent in the band was reunited with the old bassist though, thats a plus. It shows that the band was all interested in making music not money. 493987[/snapback] God forbid he be a Christian! 498783[/snapback] Huh? Where did that come from? 499371[/snapback] The "pretty" boy image comment. 500283[/snapback] There are a lot of pretty boys that aren't Christian. I didn't get that from his post, but perhaps yall have history on this issue or something.
August 7, 200422 yr If you watch the videos the are all about Scott doing things. Going on adventure esque spiritual trips in all of the videos. None of them are based on the rest of the band. Scott wasn't willing to share any of the fame with the band. He always did magazine and radio interviews by himself. Just not a team player in my opinion. Just a money hungry pretty boy. All opinoins based by me are my own I am sorry if they offend anyne but if they do, don't read them.
August 7, 200422 yr And I never said I had a porblem with him being a christian. I said I am offended by the way he exploits his faith into his money making scheme.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.