MVP Baseball

Marlins2k3Champs

As some of you know already the game has some glitches and what not. What I'd like to know is what's the closest batting stance identical to Miguel Cabrera's? In the game he is set up with upright and that's not even close to his stance. I changed it to GREENE's stance. What other one would you guys think looks like his?

500498[/snapback]

If you download the roster update, all of the batting stances are fixed and are very close to what they are in real life.

I've edited the stances of a lot of the Marlins players in my MVP dynasty, they are as follows:

Pierre: Vina

Lowell: Magglio

Dontrelle: Ichiro

Encarnacion: Andruw Jones

Cabrear: Nomar

There are others, but I just can't think of them off the top of my head right now, lol.

No idea, but I hate how lefties can't hit home runs in the game. The physics are all jacked up for some reason or another.

500834[/snapback]

The reason for this is when lefties hit the ball, there is actually a topspin on the ball as opposed to right handed batters in which the ball has back spin, this is why it's impossible to hit homers with lefties. What happened was the moron EA programmers created the physics around right handed batters and then just mirrored it for lefties and the result of all this was the ball having top spin. If you own the PC version, there is a patch you can download which fixes all the glitches like this, but if you've got it on a console such as XBOX or PS2 you're pretty much out of luck.

No idea, but I hate how lefties can't hit home runs in the game. The physics are all jacked up for some reason or another.

500834[/snapback]

The reason for this is when lefties hit the ball, there is actually a topspin on the ball as opposed to right handed batters in which the ball has back spin, this is why it's impossible to hit homers with lefties. What happened was the moron EA programmers created the physics around right handed batters and then just mirrored it for lefties and the result of all this was the ball having top spin. If you own the PC version, there is a patch you can download which fixes all the glitches like this, but if you've got it on a console such as XBOX or PS2 you're pretty much out of luck.

500910[/snapback]

I hit homers all the time with lefties just not as often as righties.

500834[/snapback]

500910[/snapback]

501014[/snapback]

You must be playing on either rookie or pro, because it is absolutely impossible to hit home runs with lefties in allstar or MVP unless it's a mistake pitch in your hot zone and David Ortiz is at the plate and even then the chances are it will just be a flyball at the warning track, at best.

500834[/snapback]

500910[/snapback]

501014[/snapback]

You must be playing on either rookie or pro, because it is absolutely impossible to hit home runs with lefties in allstar or MVP unless it's a mistake pitch in your hot zone and David Ortiz is at the plate and even then the chances are it will just be a flyball at the warning track, at best.

501030[/snapback]

I play on all star and hit em with Milton Bradley batting left and I just about never hit em on mistake pitches.

I have had some glitch problems with the game,I was playing the braves in the bottom of the ninth when I brung in Luis Matos to pinch hit while Smoltz was pitching and Matos was turned around backwards in the left batters box and Smoltz froze up while trying to pitch.

Guest Fritz

My friend has a season going where he's the Cards and Pujols has 50+ HRs and Edmonds only has 8 HRs. I know they're not exactly the same, but there is obviously an issue with that. I'm glad the Fish are almost solely righty though.

There's definatly a problem. I finished my first season with my righty starters looking like this in HR's.

Javy Lopez: 63

Melvin Mora:58

Miguel Tejada: 42

Luis Matos:25

Hairiston Jr.: 24

And the lefties:

Raffy: 30

Gibbons:23

Karim Garcia:15

Admin Bigbie: 13

Switch Hitter:

Brian Roberts: 8

mmm at first i thought it was hard to hit HR with lefties but now 2 of my team leaders are Leftys in Choi and Beltran with 5 HR in 3 games each. all u have to do is tilt the joystick up and to the right and the glitch is gone. pull the ball and its as easy to hit homers as with righties. and im playing on allstar

If your game has a glitch then it will keep having that glitch (unless you have the PC version where you got the roster update). I have hit homeruns with lefties but only like once or twice since I bought the game since its release. But yet again I play on MVP. So the lefty home runs are less likely to happen. But I know my game has the glitch and nothing can be done about it. Even after adjusting some of the sliders.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.