The Shutter Thread

CapeFish

Did you know that according to the Broward County officials I spoke to you need to have a permit to put up hurricane shutters?

How stupid is that??

:blink: :blink: :confused :o :thumbdown

540655[/snapback]

I believe that to be true, I guess they don't want someone not qualify to install these things.

But it's not like there's a structure like anither room or a deck added onto the house. If they're put up wring, who is it gonna hurt? The only thing would be is that it wouldn't protect the house like its supposed to. They pose the same danger as those idiots who leave their lawn furniture out during a storm.

Also, we have never seen any sign at Lowe's or Home Depot advising that you need permits to install them.

We have three sets of sliding glass doors and one set of French doors. We put up panels enough to cover doors and some overhang past the window portion. We also have huge half moon windows over the regular ones which also were covered with the shutters.

Did you also know that State Farm asked us if we shuttered our garage?

We have three sets of sliding glass doors and one set of French doors. We put up panels enough to cover doors and some overhang past the window portion. We also have huge half moon windows over the regular ones which also were covered with the shutters.

Did you also know that State Farm asked us if we shuttered our garage?

541218[/snapback]

My Dad has shutters for the garage.