Why John Kerry is Wrong For Florida

CapeFish

VOTING AGAINST DEFENSE SYSTEMS

Kerry Has Repeatedly Voted For Cuts To The Abrams Tank, A Weapons System Supported By Tallahassee Workers. Kerry voted twice against passage of the 1991 Defense Appropriations and voted against the 1991 Defense Authorization Conference Report, both of which provided funding for 225 M1 Abrams tanks and upgrades. ?General Dynamics Land Systems has received a $50.8 million contract from the U.S. Army to provide systems technical support for the Abrams tank and Wolverine heavy assault bridge programs. Work will be performed at General Dynamics? facilities in Tallahassee; Sterling Heights, Mich.; and Muskegon, Mich., as well as at U.S. government field sites. The contract will run through July 2006. General Dynamics, based in Falls Church, Va., employs about 195 in Tallahassee and about 49,000 worldwide.? (Democrat Staff And News Services, ?General Dynamics Wins Contract,? The Tallahassee Democrat, 12/31/01)

VOTING FOR HIGHER TAXES

Kerry Voted Against President Bush?s Historic Tax Cuts In 2001 And 2003. The tax cuts Kerry opposed have directly benefited Florida: More than 6.1 million taxpayers in Florida have seen their income tax bills reduced. Over 1.3 million small business taxpayers in Florida have additional tax savings to invest in new equipment, expand facilities and hire additional workers. More than 1.7 million married couples in Florida are benefiting from marriage penalty relief. Over 1.5 million families in Florida have benefited from the increase in the child tax credit from $600 to $1,000.

VOTING AGAINST TROOP FUNDING

Kerry Voted Against The $87 Billion Iraq Supplemental. These funds provided body armor and other force protection measures such as armored Humvees and electronic jammers, as well as health care for reservists, support for families and meals for injured soldiers.

PROPOSING INTELLIGENCE CUTS

Not Long After First World Trade Center Bombing, Kerry Proposed $7.5 Billion In Across The Board Intelligence Cuts. In 1994, Kerry proposed rescinding $1 billion in the FY1994 Intelligence budget and freezing the budget at that level through at least FY1998, which would have cut $5 billion from Intelligence funding during that period. Kerry?s proposal was defeated by a vote of 20 to 75, with even Sen. Ted Kennedy voting against the measure. Then in 1995, Kerry proposed a bill to ?[r]educe the Intelligence budget by $300 million in each of fiscal years 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000.? This bill had no co-sponsors and never reached the Senate floor for a vote. (Sen. Dennis DeConcini [D-AZ], Congressional Record, 2/10/94, p. S1360)

OPPOSING THE CUBA EMBARGO

Kerry Voted To Ease Longstanding Sanctions On Cuba. Kerry voted for an amendment to ease longstanding travel and monetary restrictions on Cuba. (S. 955, CQ Vote #183: Rejected 38-61: R 5-49; D 32-12, 7/17/97, Kerry Voted Yea) Kerry also supported establishing commission to study whether Cuba was still a threat. Kerry voted in favor of a commission that sought to study ?whether Cuba still poses a security risk? and would consider easing sanctions by evaluating the effects of the embargo. (S. 2549, CQ Vote 137: Motion Agreed To 59-41: R 52-3; D 7-38, 6/20/00, Kerry Voted Nay)

TAKING BOTH SIDES ON ISRAELI SECURITY

In October of 2003 addressing the Arab American Institute, Kerry called the Israeli security fence a ?barrier to peace.? (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks Before Arab American Institute National Leadership Conference, Dearborn, MI, 10/17/03) Then in February of 2004, in an address to a Jewish audience, Kerry called the fence a ?Legitimate Act Of Self-Defense.? (Janine Zacharia, ?Kerry Defends Security Fence,? The Jerusalem Post, 2/25/04)

CUTTING NASA FUNDING

In 1995, Kerry Introduced A Bill That Included Termination Of International Space Station Program. Kerry?s budget bill, which included defense and intelligence cuts, sought to cut $11 billion from the International Space Station Program, thus terminating it. The bill had no co-sponsors and never made it to the floor for a vote. (S. 1290, Introduced 9/29/95; ?Kerry Files Bill To Cut $90 Billion,? The Boston Globe, 9/30/95)

VOTING FOR HIGHER TAXES ON SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS

Kerry Has Voted 8 Times For Higher Taxes On Social Security. He voted twice for Clinton's $241 billion tax hike. He voted three times to keep Social Security tax hike in Clinton budget. And Kerry has since voted three times against repealing Social Security benefits tax hike.

NOT VOTING ON PRESCRIPTION DRUGS

Kerry Has Said ?I?ve Dropped Many Things During The Race To Go Back For Important Votes That's My Responsibility And That?s What I?m Doing.? (Sen. Kerry, ?Today,? NBC, 3/2/04) But when it came to prescription drugs for seniors, it must not have been ?important? enough. Kerry missed 36 of 38 votes on Medicare reform and prescription drug benefit, including final passage of bill. Kerry was one of only two Senators to miss final vote. (Sam Hananel, ?Kerry, Lieberman Skip Final Medicare Vote To Return To Campaign Trail,? The Associated Press, 11/25/03)

RETREATING ON EDUCATION REFORM

In a 2001 Senate Speech, Kerry Called No Child Left Behind ?Groundbreaking Legislation That Enhances ? Commitment To Our Nation?s Public Education System.? Now, Kerry criticizes No Child Left Behind as under funded, despite the fact that President Bush?s 2005 budget represents a 48% increase for elementary and secondary education since 2001. According to the Department of Education, as of December 11, 2003, a total of nearly $6 billion in Federal education funds remained unspent, waiting to be drawn down by state officials.

An image is worth one thousand words Cape. For example, there's a difference between seeing war footage than just reading about it.

599051[/snapback]

Editing and computers are magical aren't they? Until liberals stop following Moore like blind sheep and stop using scare tactics, this article will be more credible because IT ACTUALLY HAS FACTS!

His vote is 1/100. Which doesn't have as much impact as the huge mistakes that Mr.Bush has made.

599069[/snapback]

Last time I checked, the US Senate was needed to approve laws so the President could enforce them. Contrary to popular belief, the Congress makes laws and the Chief Executive enforces them in the United States.

His vote is 1/100. Which doesn't have as much impact as the huge mistakes that Mr.Bush has made.

599069[/snapback]

It doesn't matter how insignificant the ratio of votes are, when you've got a house that is practically split down the middle every vote means everything and is incredibly important and more often than not could make the difference. While campaigning, John Kerry has missed more than 70% of votes and that is unacceptable. Regardless of whether his votes mattered or not, he has voted for some pretty ridiculous things and his votes (or lack thereof) in the senate show the type of commander-in-chief he would make and that's a scary thought. I was born and raised in Massachusetts and I can honestly say that I am embarrassed to have John Kerry representing my state in the Senate, he is a disgrace.

I don't think the average Floridian wouls base their vote on an article coming from GeorgeWBush.com.

Cmon Cape, you know better.

599045[/snapback]

Many are basing their vote on Moore's movie....at least this article is more credible than that movie.

599048[/snapback]

More credible? Youve just proven yourself to be the definition of a true believer. Dont ever pretend to claim objectivity. Nor should your fellow followers accord and chewbacca. You know...you guys can try to provide your own argument instead of repeating the party line. Independant thought can be tough right? At least marlinguru has enough sensibility to engage in it.

I don't think the average Floridian wouls base their vote on an article coming from GeorgeWBush.com.

599045[/snapback]

Many are basing their vote on Moore's movie....at least this article is more credible than that movie.

599048[/snapback]

More credible? Youve just proven yourself to be the definition of a true believer. Dont ever pretend to claim objectivity. Nor should your fellow followers accord and chewbacca. You know...you guys can try to provide your own argument instead of repeating the party line. Independant thought can be tough right? At least marlinguru has enough sensibility to engage in it.

599262[/snapback]

What a joke, my comments in this thread are no different than the crap being spewed by the partisan opposite of these boards. It's perfectly OKAY for you and the rest of the liberals to sit there and say whatever the hell you want, but as soon as someone disagrees you just brush it off as rubbish :rolleyes: .

You just can't handle it when someone makes a good point against your own opinions. Yes Flying_Mollusk, believe it or not, not everyone shares the same opinion as you, I know it's a hard concept to grasp but i'm sure you'll manage.

599045[/snapback]

599048[/snapback]

599262[/snapback]

What a joke, my comments in this thread are no different than the crap being spewed by the partisan opposite of these boards. It's perfectly OKAY for you and the rest of the liberals to sit there and say whatever the hell you want, but as soon as someone disagrees you just brush it off as rubbish :rolleyes: .

You just can't handle it when someone makes a good point against your own opinions. Yes Flying_Mollusk, believe it or not, not everyone shares the same opinion as you, I know it's a hard concept to grasp but i'm sure you'll manage.

599282[/snapback]

The difference is making a point and arguing it instead of repeating the talking points memos. Tonyi does it. Fish fillet does it. You guys dont.