US soliders took video of explosives?

Flying_Mollusk

Doesnt bode well to Bush's claim that the explosives were gone before the invasion.

Using GPS technology and talking with members of the 101st Airborne Division, 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS has determined the crew embedded with the troops may have been on the southern edge of the Al Qaqaa installation, where the ammunition disappeared. The news crew was based just south of Al Qaqaa, and drove two or three miles north of there with soldiers on April 18, 2003.

During that trip, members of the 101st Airborne Division showed the 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS news crew bunker after bunker of material labelled "explosives." Usually it took just the snap of a bolt cutter to get into the bunkers and see the material identified by the 101st as detonation cords.

"We can stick it in those and make some good bombs." a soldier told our crew.

Soldiers who took a 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS crew into bunkers on April 18 said some of the boxes uncovered contained proximity fuses.

There were what appeared to be fuses for bombs. They also found bags of material men from the 101st couldn't identify, but box after box was clearly marked "explosive."

In one bunker, there were boxes marked with the name "Al Qaqaa", the munitions plant where tons of explosives allegedly went missing.

Once the doors to the bunkers were opened, they weren't secured. They were left open when the 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS crew and the military went back to their base.

"We weren't quite sure what were

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S3723.html?cat=1

But this isn't on Drudge or anything like that FM, how can you expect Tony or FF to respond to this?

603103[/snapback]

:lol

Youre right. KSTP is liberal pinko commy trash.

I imagine this story will spin round and round for the next week. But one thing is undeniable. It's been Bush on the defensive.

603104[/snapback]

Or even better they'll say these aren't "the weapons" because those weapons are gone.. these are just weapons that are there, somewhere near where "the weapons" were.

Actually now the spin seems to be to just blame the troops.

Mr. Guliani:

The president was cautious the president was prudent the president did what a commander in chief should do. No matter how you try to blame it on the president the actual responsibility for it really would be for the troops that were there. Did they search carefully enough? Didn't they search carefully enough?

http://www.dailykos.com/

Does Bush ever take any of the blame for anything? No wonder the guy cant admit any mistakes. Its always someone else's fault!

Oh and for those who wanna say Bush shouldnt be blamed for everything, just remember what happend to Jimmy Carter. A lot of what happend to him could have easily been placed on others but that didnt stop Reagan from using one liners and didnt stop the American people from blaming Carter for everything.

I often find the most reliable and definitive sounce of hard hitting international news to be local KTSP's "5 Eyewitness News."

But this isn't on Drudge or anything like that FM, how can you expect Tony or FF to respond to this?

I'm not assigning blame until I know some more facts either way. As far as I know the President and the administration could be fully responsible, or fully exonerated.

But one thing is for sure, I won't go blaming people until I know the facts, which sets me apart from someone who happens to be running for president.

Better source or beef?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...plosives_abc_dc

ABC News on Thursday showed video that appeared to confirm that explosives that went missing in Iraq (news - web sites) did not disappear until after the United States had taken control of the facility where they were stored.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=206847&page=1

strongest evidence to date indicates that conventional explosives missing from Iraq's Al-Qaqaa installation disappeared after the United States had taken control of Iraq.

Barrels inside the Al-Qaqaa facility appear on videotape shot by ABC television affiliate KSTP of St. Paul, Minn., which had a crew embedded with the 101st Airborne Division when it passed through Al-Qaqaa on April 18, 2003 ? nine days after Baghdad fell.

Bush's "Kerry jumped to conclusions" defense seems kind of weak now, eh? Spin, spin spin. Bush still taking it in the ass on this one.

Perhaps now people will stop using quotes from a 1984 Burger King commercial?

pentagon just released some satellite photos of large trucks at the weapons storage bunkers days before the war started. doesn't prove anything necessarily (see Colin Powell's famous PowerPoint slideshow to the UN), except there's still a lot of questions around this issue. odd that it's really much of an issue anyway, there's probably hundreds of examples of this happening across Iraq. it's a metaphor for the larger incompitence of the bush war plan, but in and of itself i'm not sure it's something to get nuts about.

he's got enough on his plate already.