Offseason of Discontent Has Begun....

Guest FishFanInPA

i agree that we need to keep mando cause Mota hasnt showed signs that he can close,yes he's a great set-up man but i dont trust him as a closer

Pitching is pitching. If a guy has great set-up stuff, he has great closer stuff. A relief pitcher is a relief pitcher is a relief pitcher, I don't care what Tony "The Genius" LaRussa has brainwashed everyone into believing.

603888[/snapback]

Welcome!!!

Managers have developed these relievers roles to make their jobs easier and avoid criticism. Relievers love these roles because it sets the chain of command in the bullpen and clubhouse and secures them roles for the next season. A crappy reliever can earn more money next offseason if he's a mediocre 'proven 8th inning guy' rather than an average 'proven 7th inning guy'. Half the lefthanded relievers in the game should be in AAA.

FishFanInPA, I'm really disappointed in you. Why didn't you tell us you worked at the Miami Herald. We can bring these guys back after they file for free agency. Heck, we have a month-long window where only we can negotiate with them.