Offseason of Discontent Has Begun....

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Mando has filed for free agency along with Easley, Seanez and Cordero.

The Palm Beach Post reports "There still is a chance Florida could re-sign Benitez, but the right-hander's agent wasn't optimistic because, he said, Marlins General Manager Admin Beinfest hasn't called since the season ended to express an interest in retaining Benitez."

This is disgraceful.....We need to keep Mando, Easley and Seanez....Cordero can go.

This offseason better be both good and bad....not just bad.

Unless season ticket deposits go threw the roof in the next two weeks I dunno where you all expect them to find the $10 million a season they will have to pay big papi. So start talking with your wallet or else nada you know :confused

Saenez es una mierda. Why do you want to keep him around for.

They can all go.. These aren't the important signings.. Lowell, Pavano and Lo Duca should be the priority. Granted Mando would be VERY nice to have back, Mota will be fine. If you look at his stats the last 2 years, he had been dominant every month except September.. which can directly be attributed to the ridiculous workload he carries as a setup man.. something that would be lightened as a closer.

I'd like to see Seanez come back though as MR.

Guest Moneyball

Unless season ticket deposits go threw the roof in the next two weeks I dunno where you all expect them to find the $10 million a season they will have to pay big papi. So start talking with your wallet or else nada you know :confused

603830[/snapback]

why don't you choose what language you're going to type in and finish a thought in the same language. your little act is not working here. :plain

COUGHREFSCOUGH :plain

and yes i speak spanish to. :plain

The choice is not between easley and mordecai. The choice includes ever other utility infielder or potential backup infielder among free agents and in our minor league system. and by lookin at prices, easley is not cost effective as a backup. And we defintely should keep mordy, he didnt get enough playing time, but he is a solid player that can make occasional hits and plays every position

Guest FishFanInPA

To me Easley, Mando and then Lo Duca are the most important...To me as much as a blow to the community as losing Lowell would be, he's the least important. Cabs can go to 3B and we can sign an OF to move into his spot.

603830[/snapback]

why don't you choose what language you're going to type in and finish a thought in the same language. your little act is not working here. :plain

603843[/snapback]

Have some respect. Let him type in anyway he wants. English or Spanish. It doesn't matter.

Anyway Benitez and Pavano are the ones we should be trying to re-sign. Lowell should be the last to think of. Because it is true, we can move Cabrera to 3rd Base. The FO needs to concentrate on re-signing Pavano and Benitez first IMO.

i agree that we need to keep mando cause Mota hasnt showed signs that he can close,yes he's a great set-up man but i dont trust him as a closer

Pitching is pitching. If a guy has great set-up stuff, he has great closer stuff. A relief pitcher is a relief pitcher is a relief pitcher, I don't care what Tony "The Genius" LaRussa has brainwashed everyone into believing.

i agree that we need to keep mando cause Mota hasnt showed signs that he can close,yes he's a great set-up man but i dont trust him as a closer

Pitching is pitching. If a guy has great set-up stuff, he has great closer stuff. A relief pitcher is a relief pitcher is a relief pitcher, I don't care what Tony "The Genius" LaRussa has brainwashed everyone into believing.

603888[/snapback]

see thats were your wrong my friend..there are RP and closers....some RP dont have the balls and mentality to close...there are alot of RP that are great,but when there put into closer situations they s*** there pants....trust me

We all expected them to file, I don't know why this is 'terrible'

And it does not mean they won't resign

603855[/snapback]

I agree. Can't believe anybody is surprised by this.

603863[/snapback]

Exactly.

This is all part of the job. They have to file - if we lose them, dont we get compensation?

I think Armando would be high priority. I too dont feel totally comfortable with Mota as a closer - he is capable, but not yet I think. Besides, you can find a lot of failed closers who were once very good set up men around the league.

603830[/snapback]

603843[/snapback]

COUGHnotallpeoplewhospeakspanisharerefsyouignoratpersonyouCOUGH :plain

*looks at your sig* :plain

*understands your ignorance* :plain

603888[/snapback]

Oh yeah. Like Octavio Dotel, Braden Looper, Mike Timlin, Alan Embree, Shawn Chacon, Latroy Hawkins, Rocky Biddle, and anybody the A's tried to convert this year can attest to, right?

I'd love to keep Armando too, and it was fantastic to watch him last season, but I think Benitez finally feels vindicated by the season he had. He could very easily get his highest salary ever next year & he'd be smart to go after it. I'd take Mando in a split second over Mota, but I don't see it happening.