Everything posted by Fish Fry
-
This is a great deal
Everyone repeat after me: "Small sample size!" This kid was 25 years old and he couldn't make AAA. That's all you need to know.
-
Dreamcast Best Console Ever
dreamcast was a great console, it just didn't sell because after the failures of 32x, Sega CD, saturn, nobody wanted to have anything to do with any sega products the N64 and Gamecube have both been crap, but Nintendo will always have their loyal following which is keeping them alive I like my Cube better than an X-Box - more games. The only thing I'm missing on the Cube is the Final Fantasy series.
-
Nip/Tuck
Matt's just a jackass at this point. I hope he get's beat up and pissed on by some more transformers, or (even better) some skinheads.
-
Mike Jacobs
Jacobs is 25 years old??? If that's the case, he sucks.
-
Buster Olney's take on the Delgado deal
Considering that everyone and their mothers knew that the Marlins had to dump Delgado The Marlins didn't have to dump Delgado. They chose to.
-
Florida's fire-sale follies
Regardless of position, "can't miss" prospects often do. I'm more upset that we're acquiring more young pitching when we already have that in droves in all levels of our system. That's assuming those prospects were even "can't miss" prospects in the first place. We're certainly not getting any right now.
-
Henry just f**ked us again!
Billy Beane made this deal for lesser prospects and didn't get nearly the browbeating. Y'all mooks need to chill out. Tim Hudson for Dan Meyer, Charles Thomas, and Juan Cruz Despite the year he had last year, I'd still take Juan Cruz over Ramirez or Delgado, and Charles Thomas had a nice rookie year with the Braves.
-
loduca to d-backs?
I'll take that deal in a heartbeat. If we could get Vasquez, that would make up for losing Beckett. Even if we lose Lo Duca, we do have Treanor who is defensively much better and hasn't had much of an oppurtunity to start. If we could get the DBacks to pay for about a million to two million off Vasquez's salary I say do it. Treanor can't hit a lick in the majors. As much as I want Vazquez, I actually wouldn't make the deal. Lo Duca can't hit much either. I would do this deal in a heartbeat and sign a couple of mediocre catchers that, combined, make a fraction of what LoDuca makes. LoDuca is way overpaid for what he brings to the table, and he's old, too. If they can trade the other overrated Marlin, JP, then the money comes out even, and I'd like my chances with a re-signing of Enc, and a underrated/underpaid (think something like Reggie Sanders - I don't know who is available) OF. Of course this isn't going to happen, because they want to gut payroll down to D-Ray levels.
-
Will we contend?
The 2005 Oakland A's aren't as good as we are, and they won 88 games. I firmly believe we can go .500. They were better than this current Marlins team and in a less competitive division. Contrary to what Delgado's agent thinks, this team WILL be competitive if we field a team of Willis, Cabrera, and the seven dwarves (Hermida, Olsen, Vargas, Johnson, LoDuca, Castillo, and HanRam). No we won't. We'll be lucky to win 72 games without Delgado. I guarantee Cabrera will have his worst season ever if Delgado goes, because he's going to get frustrated with everyone else in the lineup and fall into the classic "he's trying to do too much" trap. And anyone on here who expects Ramirez to break a .240 batting average with 4 homers is dreaming. A guy can't go from not walking and not hitting for power at AA to walking and hitting for decent power in the majors. What you're going to get out of Ramirez is a full season of what Andino did last year. Their AA stats aren't that different. Hanley just has more hype.
-
Best Buy/XBox 360 Locator
Why even bother? This console is going to be obsolete in 6 months, when PS3 comes out and blows the doors off this sucker. The deathstroke will come next year when Nintendo Revolution comes out and buries the 360. *waiting for PS2 prices to drop to $50 so I can play all those Final Fantasy titles I've missed*
-
Dreamcast Best Console Ever
DC died also because it was too easy to make bootleg copies since anyone with a CD burner could copy a game. And Virtua Tennis is still the best tennis game ever It felt like it didn't even have any games to copy. Resident Evil 2, 3, Codename Veronica Dino Crisis Sonic Adventures Virtual Fighter 3 Sega 2K sports series Shenmue 1 & 2 Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare Mortal Kombat Gold Ready 2 Rumble Crazy Taxi 1 & 2 House of the Dead 3 Yeah, you're right. There were no games on that console.
-
Comparing the Pedro deal and Beckett deal for Boston
If that happens, let's pray that Hanley doesn't turn into DeLino F'ing DeShields. The Marlins would be lucky if he turned into Delino DeSh!ts.
-
why this is a good trade for the Marlins
1. Mike Lowell has had 1 bad season this millenium, and all of a sudden he's an albatross? Talk about a fairweather fan. It's not like the guy is 36 years old, either. He probably won't play like he did in '03 or '04, but something like '02 wouldn't be unreasonable and that would still make him one of the better 3B in the game. 2. Hanley Ramirez is another product of the northeast hype machine. If the Yankees or Red Sox give up a "prized" prospect, then you can bet he's not really that good in the first place. Do you ever notice how the Yankees have all of these "awesome" prospects every year, yet somehow all the other teams end up trading for "uber-prospects" like Jackson Melian, Drew Henson, D'Angelo Jiminez, and Bam Bam Meulens while the Yankees manage to keep guys like Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Nick Johnson, and Alfonso Soriano (at least until they make the big club)? I wonder how Arizona ended up with top notch prospects like Casey Fossum, Brandon Lyon, and Jorge De La Rosa, yet Kevin Youkilis, Jonathan Papelbon, and Lenny DiNardo never left?
-
Get to know Hanley Ramirez
All I need to know about Hanley Ramirez is that he couldn't break a .340 OBP at AA. He's another overhyped Red Sox prospect. I'd rather the Marlins did the Beckett + Lowell for Blalock deal. This deal stinks on rye.
-
Is a Ipod worth buying?
Why get and IPod when you can get a Nomad Zen player for $100 less?
-
Greatest Metal Band: Round 1
how about simply taking out all the wuzzy metal bands out there ... acdc, gnr, thin lizzy, van halen,poison, scorpions, bruce dickinson (wouldnt iron maiden be more than enough) other 80s hairy bands you got in there ...and all those new comers that havent done much, shadows fall (still rocks) otep, darkest hour, drowning pool and the countless others i like the idea, but man you need to seriously narrow it down to the best 10 REAL METAL bands slayer anthrax pantera metalica megadeth iron maiden sepultura judas priest ozzy osbourne/black sabbath in flames ... add a couple others but seriously a poll with 20382074 choices is dumb, especially when there isnt many bands that actually fit the HEAVY METAL genre. just a bunch of hard rock bands GnR is not METAL You can't seriously put Sepultura and In Flames in there over The Scorpions AND leave Def Leppard, Motley Crue, and (old) Bon Jovi out of it. Then it's not a real poll as for the greatest metal band of all time, because you're cutting out an entire genre of metal (which just so happens to be the most popular metal genre of all time). Your list is a good start, but I'd take out Sepultura and In Flames and add the following: Queensryche Motley Crue Def Leppard Poison Bon Jovi Scorpions Led Zeppelin Rob/White Zombie Disturbed Sevendust (you have to have some nu metal acts in there to make the poll comprehensive, even though they don't really deserve to be in the discussion)
-
California Schools To Push Ebonics
I just wanted to know where people get off proclaiming that what someone says is "proper English" is the absolute proper English? So, because some authority says that the phrase "I done washed my clothes" is improper English it MUST be improper? I know a handful of English professors who will say that such phrase is NOT improper, it is a dialect. Thus, ebonics is "proper English". 870131[/snapback] Any English professor who says "I done washed my clothes." is not an improper phrase has no business teaching English. Ebonics is an American English dialect that is riddled with improper uses of the language.
-
California Schools To Push Ebonics
I can't believe they're still trying to push this stupid crap. I thought this was killed over a decade ago when they first proposed this crap. Black kids have no problem understanding proper English, despite the way they may speak. Ignorance begins at home. A teacher who can't teach a kid that 2+2=4 isn't going to make him understand it any better by replacing "ask" with "aks".
-
Hawaii places a cap on gas prices
fiscal conservatives for price controls? Ive heard our gas prices really arent as bad as some other nations. 873599[/snapback] But, in those nations, their vehicles are smaller and more fuel efficient, the cities aren't big, sprawling messes, and you can get from place to place without the need for a car. You may pay $5/gallon in England, but (by and large) you're not going to go through a whole tank of gas in a week, either. You may pay $6/gallon in France, but French people walk everywhere, so that full tank will last them quite a while.
- WTF!
-
Greatest Metal Band: Round 1
After all the evidence I posted here, you still deny GN'R's place in Metal history?? Totally bogus. I boycott this poll. * boycotts * 868757[/snapback] Dude, Guns N Roses is an amazing band. I love them. ANd you presented a great argument. However, despite what the media says, I cannot consider them metal and neither can most of the people here. It's like all those polls that put Led Zeppelin on the Heavy Metal charts. Um, no. 868784[/snapback] If you're going to say Guns N Roses isn't metal, then you should probably take AC/DC and Van Halen out of this poll, too. Also, what's Thin Lizzy doing in this poll? You might as well add T-Rex, Gary Glitter, and David Bowie. Saying that Zeppelin doesn't deserve consideration the discussion of metal bands, is like saying that Kraftwerk doesn't belong in any discussion of industrial acts. You can't cut out the people that pretty-much started the genre. I would actually agree with you that, techincally, GnR isn't metal, but realistically they should be in this poll. But anyone that votes for them as the greatest metal band has no business voting in this poll. I don't see how anyone, with a straight face, could say that Lies, UYI 1, and UYI 2 are metal albums. Also, where is KISS in this poll? A lot of their early stuff may not qualify, but they were most definitely metal in the '80s.
-
Fish Freaks Yahoo Fantasy league
Look at what one of the participants in that Fantasy League had the gall to offer me: Sidney Ponson Shea Hillenbrand Carlos Pena Sammy Sosa for Manny Ramirez Tim Hudson Brandon Lyon He then had the nerve to try and justify the trade, when I pointed out to him how ridiculously lopsided that trade is. Here's a hint for people who think they are they can seriously pull off this kind of con job - if the fantasy league consists of people from a baseball fan forum it's safe to assume that they are not baseball retards.
- help
-
Religion = brainwashing
Atheism is a religion too. Spoken like a non-Atheist.
-
help
You are so far gone in atheism that you dont understand that what faith (in any god) does to a person is tangible. It changes quality of life to a much better one, gives them hope, and to many happiness. With all due respect, I don't think it's necessarily the faith in god itself (in most cases) that provides the fulfilling aspect of religion. I think it has more to do with the community that comes from being a part of a church that has more to do with it than anything. Which is much more than what govt does. Faith in god doesn't put food on the table or money in the bank or give you a break on your home loan; so no it's not more than the government does. That's the definition of "tangible". Happiness is intangible and subjective. The problem nonbelievers have (and im not bashing anybody here) is that many of you cannot fathom the good that faith and religion bring. you all see the negatives and not the positives. I understand the positives in having some higher sense of purpose, because it feels a hell of a lot better for someone to say to themselves: "I'm a garbage man because it's part of god's plan for me, and I'll be rewarded for my faith with the life I dream of having when I die." rather than to deal with the reality of: "I'm a garbage man because I'm not really all that smart, and (on top of that) I goofed off in school and never really put in the work at carving out a better life for myself. I'll never have the life I dream of having." They're entitled to belive that, I just think it sounds silly; and it becomes downright irksome when they try to restrict my rights to conform with their silly beliefs.