Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

loduca to d-backs?

Featured Replies

They mention how they are interested and that he is from that area. What I find extremely interesting is how the dbacks appear close to dealing Vazquez.

 

Wouldn't it be awesome if they dealt loduca in a package for Vazquez? He has two years left on his deal at 11.5 and 12.5 but the Yankees are paying about 3 million a year. Vazquez would make a real nice #2 starter and would keep the team in contention now and stop the PR nightmare. Deal pierre, lowell, loduca and beckett and add vazquez ramirez and a big league ready catcher.

 

Ok, I just woke up! :)

I'll take that deal in a heartbeat. If we could get Vasquez, that would make up for losing Beckett. Even if we lose Lo Duca, we do have Treanor who is defensively much better and hasn't had much of an oppurtunity to start. If we could get the DBacks to pay for about a million to two million off Vasquez's salary I say do it.

the point of all these trades is to save money... Vazquez might be a little too costly for a 40mil payroll... but who knows, maybe Ariz will be willing to pay

I'll take that deal in a heartbeat. If we could get Vasquez, that would make up for losing Beckett. Even if we lose Lo Duca, we do have Treanor who is defensively much better and hasn't had much of an oppurtunity to start. If we could get the DBacks to pay for about a million to two million off Vasquez's salary I say do it.

 

 

Treanor can't hit a lick in the majors.

 

As much as I want Vazquez, I actually wouldn't make the deal.

I'll take that deal in a heartbeat. If we could get Vasquez, that would make up for losing Beckett. Even if we lose Lo Duca, we do have Treanor who is defensively much better and hasn't had much of an oppurtunity to start. If we could get the DBacks to pay for about a million to two million off Vasquez's salary I say do it.

 

 

Treanor can't hit a lick in the majors.

 

As much as I want Vazquez, I actually wouldn't make the deal. I think if given the job right out of spring training he could. But catching historically is the position where you want defense and not offense. Much like shortstop.

Honestly, I don't really care. Vazquez would probably do well in Florida, LoDuca would probably hit better in Arizona's park (and his family lives there).

The problems is if we trade LoDuca for pitching, then who do we get to start at C. Treanor is a solid back-up, nothing more, IMO.

the D-backs have some good young OF including a CF , so that might be the direction but if the d-backs would have to pick-up most of that contract for Vazquez it might be a good fit.

I agree w/ MarlinatPenn, I think Vaz costs too much. I doubt they're in the mindset of taking on any big-ticket players for this season anyway.

 

If anything, they'll use '06 to see how some of these young arms perform, and then look to add an arm or two if necessary in '07.

I'll take that deal in a heartbeat. If we could get Vasquez, that would make up for losing Beckett. Even if we lose Lo Duca, we do have Treanor who is defensively much better and hasn't had much of an oppurtunity to start. If we could get the DBacks to pay for about a million to two million off Vasquez's salary I say do it.

 

 

Treanor can't hit a lick in the majors.

 

As much as I want Vazquez, I actually wouldn't make the deal. I think if given the job right out of spring training he could. But catching historically is the position where you want defense and not offense. Much like shortstop.

 

But honestly, I'd rather have moderate defense and a .275 BA than stellar D and a .215 batting average.

the D-backs have some good young OF including a CF , so that might be the direction but if the d-backs would have to pick-up most of that contract for Vazquez it might be a good fit.

 

 

I would love the Marlins to get Carlos Quentin who might be available in the right offer. I was thinking the Marlins can do 2-3 more deals similar to this:

 

1)Paul Loduca and Guillermo Mota for Carlos Quentin, Chris Snyder, and Brain Bruney (we might have to add Pierre to get it done or something else)

 

2)Carlos Delgado and Eric Reed(just to clear a roster spot) for Nick Markakis and Chris Ray

2b) Carlos Delgado and Juan Pierre + Bostick or Kensing for Nick Markakis, Chris Ray and Adam Loewen. (I highly doubt the cheap O's do this one it all depends how high they are on Pierre.

 

3)If Pierre is not involved in any of the deal I mention on top then Juan Pierre to Cubs for Renyel Pinto and Angel Guzman or Sean Marshall

 

Nick Markakis, Carlos Quentin are the 2 guys we need to get. We have little depth in the minor's

I'll take that deal in a heartbeat. If we could get Vasquez, that would make up for losing Beckett. Even if we lose Lo Duca, we do have Treanor who is defensively much better and hasn't had much of an oppurtunity to start. If we could get the DBacks to pay for about a million to two million off Vasquez's salary I say do it.

 

 

Treanor can't hit a lick in the majors.

 

As much as I want Vazquez, I actually wouldn't make the deal.

 

Lo Duca can't hit much either. I would do this deal in a heartbeat and sign a couple of mediocre catchers that, combined, make a fraction of what LoDuca makes. LoDuca is way overpaid for what he brings to the table, and he's old, too. If they can trade the other overrated Marlin, JP, then the money comes out even, and I'd like my chances with a re-signing of Enc, and a underrated/underpaid (think something like Reggie Sanders - I don't know who is available) OF. Of course this isn't going to happen, because they want to gut payroll down to D-Ray levels.

If Vazquez was signed past just 2007, I would do this in a heartbeat. Catcher? Get Pat Borders to come out of retirement for the upteenth time, or Todd Pratt or Brent Mayne and down the list of the cheap veteran list or released to avoid arbitration. Or hand the job to Treanor and Willingham.

If Vazquez was signed past just 2007, I would do this in a heartbeat. Catcher? Get Pat Borders to come out of retirement for the upteenth time, or Todd Pratt or Brent Mayne and down the list of the cheap veteran list or released to avoid arbitration. Or hand the job to Treanor and Willingham.

 

 

Or trade for a young catcher with a decent bat that has not yet reached arbitration that can do the job. No Willingham behind the plate please, espicially with a young pitching staff.

So Spike, how do you feel about Josh Willingham?

 

 

*runs*

Josh Willingham: An average defensive catcjer with one of the top bats in the game....

 

 

 

*Runs for pointing out reality to Spike*

 

 

 

Dioner Navarro will never be a major league caliber player.

If Vazquez was signed past just 2007, I would do this in a heartbeat. Catcher? Get Pat Borders to come out of retirement for the upteenth time, or Todd Pratt or Brent Mayne and down the list of the cheap veteran list or released to avoid arbitration. Or hand the job to Treanor and Willingham.

 

 

Or trade for a young catcher with a decent bat that has not yet reached arbitration that can do the job. No Willingham behind the plate please, espicially with a young pitching staff.

'

If you're talking about Navarro, no one would even know the dude's name if he hadn't been in the Yankees' system, and if the Yankees hadn't traded all their prospects which made him tops in their system.

I'll take that deal in a heartbeat. If we could get Vasquez, that would make up for losing Beckett. Even if we lose Lo Duca, we do have Treanor who is defensively much better and hasn't had much of an oppurtunity to start. If we could get the DBacks to pay for about a million to two million off Vasquez's salary I say do it.

 

 

Treanor as our starting catcher? Are you serious? :blink:

I'll take that deal in a heartbeat. If we could get Vasquez, that would make up for losing Beckett. Even if we lose Lo Duca, we do have Treanor who is defensively much better and hasn't had much of an oppurtunity to start. If we could get the DBacks to pay for about a million to two million off Vasquez's salary I say do it.

 

 

Treanor as our starting catcher? Are you serious? :blink: Charles Johnson was our starting catcher and I seem to remember we got over his offensive ineptitude.

So Spike, how do you feel about Josh Willingham?

 

 

*runs*

Josh Willingham: An average defensive catcjer with one of the top bats in the game....

 

 

 

*Runs for pointing out reality to Spike*

 

 

 

Dioner Navarro will never be a major league caliber player.

 

Willy is well below-average defensively.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.