Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greatest Metal Band: Round 1

Featured Replies

Vote for the greatest metal band ever, now!

After all the evidence I posted here, you still deny GN'R's place in Metal history??

 

Totally bogus. I boycott this poll.

 

* boycotts *

After all the evidence I posted here, you still deny GN'R's place in Metal history??

 

Totally bogus. I boycott this poll.

 

* boycotts *

868757[/snapback]

 

Dude, Guns N Roses is an amazing band. I love them. ANd you presented a great argument. However, despite what the media says, I cannot consider them metal and neither can most of the people here. It's like all those polls that put Led Zeppelin on the Heavy Metal charts. Um, no.

AlcoholicA

about 45973 bands ... 2/3 that shouldnt be there

 

 

oh yeah its SLAYER and its not even close

 

2nd ?tie? Pantera and Iron Maiden

3rd place I dont care about ... metallica (many people here know how much I hate them but respect is due)

 

 

CLOSE THE POLL NOW

 

 

 

:lol

The answer is clearly Judas Priest my friends.

869482[/snapback]

 

 

:notworthy

C'mon guys. We can get more votes than 14. And for those of you boycotting due to lack of GNR, I shall give into your Demands. Due to popular request, I shall put GNR in round 2. But that's it. No more bands will be added.

After all the evidence I posted here, you still deny GN'R's place in Metal history??

 

Totally bogus. I boycott this poll.

 

* boycotts *

868757[/snapback]

 

Dude, Guns N Roses is an amazing band. I love them. ANd you presented a great argument. However, despite what the media says, I cannot consider them metal and neither can most of the people here. It's like all those polls that put Led Zeppelin on the Heavy Metal charts. Um, no.

868784[/snapback]

 

If you're going to say Guns N Roses isn't metal, then you should probably take AC/DC and Van Halen out of this poll, too. Also, what's Thin Lizzy doing in this poll? You might as well add T-Rex, Gary Glitter, and David Bowie.

 

Saying that Zeppelin doesn't deserve consideration the discussion of metal bands, is like saying that Kraftwerk doesn't belong in any discussion of industrial acts. You can't cut out the people that pretty-much started the genre.

 

I would actually agree with you that, techincally, GnR isn't metal, but realistically they should be in this poll. But anyone that votes for them as the greatest metal band has no business voting in this poll. I don't see how anyone, with a straight face, could say that Lies, UYI 1, and UYI 2 are metal albums.

 

Also, where is KISS in this poll? A lot of their early stuff may not qualify, but they were most definitely metal in the '80s.

After all the evidence I posted here, you still deny GN'R's place in Metal history??

 

Totally bogus. I boycott this poll.

 

* boycotts *

868757[/snapback]

 

Dude, Guns N Roses is an amazing band. I love them. ANd you presented a great argument. However, despite what the media says, I cannot consider them metal and neither can most of the people here. It's like all those polls that put Led Zeppelin on the Heavy Metal charts. Um, no.

868784[/snapback]

 

If you're going to say Guns N Roses isn't metal, then you should probably take AC/DC and Van Halen out of this poll, too. Also, what's Thin Lizzy doing in this poll? You might as well add T-Rex, Gary Glitter, and David Bowie.

 

Saying that Zeppelin doesn't deserve consideration the discussion of metal bands, is like saying that Kraftwerk doesn't belong in any discussion of industrial acts. You can't cut out the people that pretty-much started the genre.

 

I would actually agree with you that, techincally, GnR isn't metal, but realistically they should be in this poll. But anyone that votes for them as the greatest metal band has no business voting in this poll. I don't see how anyone, with a straight face, could say that Lies, UYI 1, and UYI 2 are metal albums.

 

Also, where is KISS in this poll? A lot of their early stuff may not qualify, but they were most definitely metal in the '80s.

874710[/snapback]

 

how about simply taking out all the wuzzy metal bands out there

 

... acdc, gnr, thin lizzy, van halen,poison, scorpions, bruce dickinson (wouldnt iron maiden be more than enough) other 80s hairy bands you got in there ...and all those new comers that havent done much, shadows fall (still rocks) otep, darkest hour, drowning pool and the countless others

 

i like the idea, but man you need to seriously narrow it down to the best 10 REAL METAL bands

 

slayer

anthrax

pantera

metalica

megadeth

iron maiden

sepultura

judas priest

ozzy osbourne/black sabbath

in flames

... add a couple others

 

but seriously a poll with 20382074 choices is dumb, especially when there isnt many bands that actually fit the HEAVY METAL genre. just a bunch of hard rock bands

 

GnR is not METAL

how about simply taking out all the wuzzy metal bands out there

 

... acdc, gnr, thin lizzy, van halen,poison, scorpions, bruce dickinson (wouldnt iron maiden be more than enough) other 80s hairy bands you got in there ...and all those new comers that havent done much, shadows fall (still rocks) otep, darkest hour, drowning pool and the countless others

 

i like the idea, but man you need to seriously narrow it down to the best 10 REAL METAL bands

 

slayer

anthrax

pantera

metalica

megadeth

iron maiden

sepultura

judas priest

ozzy osbourne/black sabbath

in flames

... add a couple others

 

but seriously a poll with 20382074 choices is dumb, especially when there isnt many bands that actually fit the HEAVY METAL genre. just a bunch of hard rock bands

 

GnR is not METAL

 

 

You can't seriously put Sepultura and In Flames in there over The Scorpions AND leave Def Leppard, Motley Crue, and (old) Bon Jovi out of it. Then it's not a real poll as for the greatest metal band of all time, because you're cutting out an entire genre of metal (which just so happens to be the most popular metal genre of all time). Your list is a good start, but I'd take out Sepultura and In Flames and add the following:

 

Queensryche

Motley Crue

Def Leppard

Poison

Bon Jovi

Scorpions

Led Zeppelin

Rob/White Zombie

Disturbed

Sevendust (you have to have some nu metal acts in there to make the poll comprehensive, even though they don't really deserve to be in the discussion)

bon jovi, motley crue, scorpions, def leppard, led zep should be included since you say its a entirely other genre of metal

 

well have two polls

 

p***y hair metal (include those bands)

 

real metal (where the fat guys with tattoos and missing teeth go)

Dream Theater, with Metallica a VERY VERY close second.

 

That having been said...I'm not sure I'd consider Van Halen metal.

bon jovi, motley crue, scorpions, def leppard, led zep should be included since you say its a entirely other genre of metal

 

well have two polls

 

p***y hair metal (include those bands)

 

real metal (where the fat guys with tattoos and missing teeth go)

Putting Led Zep and AC/DC with the hair metal group? I mean, I understand that Metallica/Iron Maiden/Black Sabbath are a very different brand of music than those, but Led, AC/DC, and the like aren't hair bands.

bon jovi, motley crue, scorpions, def leppard, led zep should be included since you say its a entirely other genre of metal

 

well have two polls

 

p***y hair metal (include those bands)

 

real metal (where the fat guys with tattoos and missing teeth go)

Putting Led Zep and AC/DC with the hair metal group? I mean, I understand that Metallica/Iron Maiden/Black Sabbath are a very different brand of music than those, but Led, AC/DC, and the like aren't hair bands.

877090[/snapback]

 

well i meant more along the lines of the poison, dokken, scorpions type of "metal"

 

Led Zep shouldnt even be in this discussion

Oh, I agree with you. Led Zep doesn't have the metal sound, neither does GnR (AC/DC does at times). But if we must have them, Led Zeppelin is no where in the same area as Poison.

thats not what i meant

 

 

I dont even wanna think about putting those two together unless we are talking about the tightest pants in rock n roll poll

After all the evidence I posted here, you still deny GN'R's place in Metal history??

 

Totally bogus. I boycott this poll.

 

* boycotts *

868757[/snapback]

 

Dude, Guns N Roses is an amazing band. I love them. ANd you presented a great argument. However, despite what the media says, I cannot consider them metal and neither can most of the people here. It's like all those polls that put Led Zeppelin on the Heavy Metal charts. Um, no.

868784[/snapback]

 

If that's your argument to omit Guns N Roses, then what is Stryper doing up there? I don't recall head banging to the song Honestly...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.